1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Flipping inventory

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kittykat, Apr 28, 2009.

1. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Okay this is driving me nuts, and I can't remember how to get it to work.

I pile some items in a secure (in this case, plants). I go off to sleep and when I come back, I go to finish my work, only when I open the secure, the contents have flipped (what was put in first now sits on top as if it was put in last, etc). Now it used to be you could log out and back in and stuff would flip back (as I remember), but nothing I do seems to make the contents flip back the other way.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work, before I go crazy?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They always flip on me too, I'm interested to know if there's a method to flip them back.

What I do is remove the items, then move each item back in reverse order (ie, the ones I want to remain on top gets moved into the container first) so that it appears correctly when I re-login.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've never seen it NOT flip in the 6+ years I've been playing. I got so tired of it, I just put stuff in containers within other containers, so that nothing has to stack that I don't want to.

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

KR Gridform Backpacks... :p

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

6. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Since it's about 1000 plants, divided by color and type, I'm not overly enthusiastic about having to redo them - but some plants it's just hard to tell how many you have in a container unless you pile them a certain direction (and I'm trying to gather all my plants in one location to see what I'm low on in reserves...). But it looks like I might have to do that if I wanna keep going today...

I like using KR for some things, hate it for others. Moving around stuff in backpacks is one of those hate things. I have a fair amount of trouble getting secures open and moving items (haven't quite figured out the why of it either). Plus the plants look a little...scary *grins*. (not knocking KR - I do think parts of it are really great - just in this instance, redoing 1000 plants sounds less painful...)

Someone I talked to suggested that server-up changes directions...I wonder if that's true...

7. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Play KR with Legacy Art enabled and the plants will look the same :)

8. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

did u say a thousand plants lol
    and i thought i was a hard core player bows owner pwner of uo!

9. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This drives me nuts as well, most recently with my basket of SoT's.

I have them divided by .1 to .5, as I've only done Ilshenar spawns so far. Once they flip though, it's almost impossible to easily mouse-over them to find the specific SoT I am seeking.

I'd love to figure out how to flip items back...if there is a way...sounds like I may have to just re-arrange too.

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love to know how to do this too. I know dying will flip your backpack, and often after server up stuff is flipped. Also changing characters...but I don't know of a reliable method of flipping items.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lemme guess, the trees and century plants?

To quickly know the amount of each type of plant I have, I keep each type of mother plant in designated containers (ie campions go into 1 container, ferns go into another container). This way I can see exactly how many of each specific plant is in the container when I mouse-over the container.

My set of different coloured studs goes into another special pouch (several pouches within it separate them further into different categories). I use UOA's organizer agent to arrange them nicely. And add "spacer" items in between each if they are too close together (ingots have this same issue of being too close together). The spacer items will be removed later on.

Grid and list backpack views have their own advantages definitely. But for efficiency, I like to see everything in my back pack at a glance and be able to cast recall and target the correct rune book without worrying that I had earlier scrolled down my backpack list and have to scroll back up to see my runebooks again. That split second delay can mean life or death heh.