1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Floating houses

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gelf, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Just noticed something about the floating houses i see in ilsh and other areas sometimes. there is one that pops up 50-60% of the time between the water ele spawn and juka city in ilsh, and there it was again as i was headed to the gypsy camp when i noticed it had changed.

before i've noticed it looked like the house next door to me,but never thought too much about it. but my next door neighbor sold his house awhile ago, and the new owner built a completely different style of house. any way i was headed to ilsh to get some ingots, and the floating house was there. but now looks identical to the design of the house that is currently next door to me.

anyone else who see's these ghost houses notice this?

2. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ghost houses only happen sometimes for me, not all that often. If you spend a long period in your house sometimes and then go running off elsewhere, they'll just appear for some reason beyond me. When that happens, sometimes just logging out and in or restarting UO works for me. Other times, I have to reboot my computer.
    This also happens when I do a lot of running around looking for IDOCs. It' so random.

3. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

the ghost houses you see is a redraw error and if you go several screens away or recall to a diff location and come back they will be gone

4. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Yes,
    I used to see two or three houses from my block in Zento all over the place. They were very persistent in certain areas (mostly Ilshenar)

Recently it has been very rare.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I haven't seen them since I switched to the EC.

I also haven't had that strange Fel/Tram shift either.

6. I also get ghost houses across shards sometimes.

Atlantic to Pacific and I see Atlantic luna pieces in Pacific Luna.

Only a relog fixes that.

7. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I still get that in the EC but I'm so used to it it I barely even notice it now...

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Let me guess? You live near yew????

Yes, the houses that "bleed over" are real houses, usully in trammel, showing up on other facets.

I've seen my own house at the Yew crossroads ESE of the cemetary show up hovering over the edge of the road going into Mistas, and many years ago, got trapped in my guildmaster's Fel house at the same intersection (well, I could recall out, but the goal was to get to a different room from where I was gated to), because the much more substantial ghost of my neighbor's Trammel house popped in and blocked access to the stairs - and was constructed with the same wall type, so I didn't immediately notice the error at first. My guildmaster kept seeing me attempt to follow him, then suddenly start running in place where the designs intersected, and couldn't understand why I asked how he was able to walk through walls..

9. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have had a bleed over from luna baja to luna origin once. I restated the client and it went away.

10. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My most fun example was houses bleeding into the Abyss. It was during the ranger event and I thought someone had found an exploit which allowed them to place houses there before the event ended... :)

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can set your housing cache to 0 and that will help with the ghost houses. Very useful if you idoc, as it's hard to loot when half a house is left over, blocking your view (spoken from multiple experiences, I'm a slow learner).

12. adester

adester Guest

I've had that happen. The funny thing is when you place a house there and half that house is stuck right in the middle of yours.

13. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

I used to log into several shards and see how many houses I could get to overlap. Was so annoying.