1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Flood the shard... Siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Draxous, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We've balanced combat.

We've created a purpose for crafters.

We had RoT adjusted.

We're enhancing Factions.

Can we get PvM fixed?

Our drop rates are the same drop rates as on shards with item insurance.

We don't have item insurance.

2. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i dont agree. you want to raise the drop rate to a crazy amount and flood the shard with tons of martys?

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think you need to find out what these invasion monsters are going to drop. I've not read anything yet with any details. With those plus the 'buy for silver' I think there's about to be quite a lot of stuff floating about.

4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Why don't you agree?

Look at the swoops... when they were worth hunting, people were actually hunting them. PKs would roll through and sometimes huge fights would break out.

Now... no one. It's just not worth it.

Imagine if good items were readily available... an orny for, ugh 5k.

What would it matter? We'd all have toys to play with and there would be people out there hunting for them, people fighting for them, and people wearing them so when you kill them... you loot them.

Imagine if Peerless guaranteed a CC drop, 10 of each ingredient and a slew of ML Artifacts.

You'd see people wearing the assassin armor set, rather than scrapping together a collection to lock it down in their house (great.)

Imagine if doom dropped 1 arty per small boss and a handful on every DF. People would be in Doom ALLLL the time.

Imagine if every paragon (lvl 5) dropped a t-hunters chest. And each lvl 6 chest had a the number of arties in them per the level (1-6.) Treasure hunting would BOOM.

The point of giving us this stuff is so we utilize it... we're not. We're locking it down in our houses and not using it. This shard was designed for it.

Imagine the day that what we're talking about is the studded tunic with stats like the heart of the lion. Customizing our characters suits because our shard can handle it.

5. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Crafters would really need to be shown some love too.

Runic Kits should allow complete customization of their products.

AND be a bit easier or more fun to obtain.

IMO

:scholar:

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the new imbuing skill is what will allow crafters to customise
    http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/skills/imbuing.php

Trouble is, for best chance of success the character needs to be gargoyle and with the ability to get to the queen's soul forge, which I suspect won't be easy. I have 2 crafters, one human, one elf. I don't see any way I can make a gargoyle so I guess I just use soulstones to squeeze imbuing in the ones I have and make do with lower success chances.

7. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

8. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

this is what i hear

"GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME"

9. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

It's GIVE TO WE :scholar:

10. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If arties, minors, faction super arties, easy runic kits and enhanced imbued armor are all increased either as item drops or cheap silver faction goods won't Siege become almost identical to a production shard??

Sure they aren't insured items but hell they can be replaced without even the smallest of effort.

11. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

That's where I think you're wrong.

You still have to go out and get them or pay people to get the items cause they're useful and will always be... useful. They're like... trans powder, pet balls and bags of sending before the nerf.

Just because an item is made more easily obtainable... doesn't mean there won't be a constant market for it.

People die and get looted.

If you make these things fun to get... less tedious, then well poop... you have yourself or people you pay to get them or you kill and keep your stock. And people will definitely start monster hunting waaayyy more often.

Identical to Prodo? You realize that siege is the foundation of Prodo. Where they don't work... Siege does. And where they do work... Siege does. Just not under the same conditions.

This isn't a UO classic shard... while that would be cool, we still need to adapt.

What I think people are missing... is how fantastic UO would be without the trammy stuff... but up to date and modernized. There seems people aren't convinced this game can work let alone shine under our current system.

or is it that we just haven't yet utilized it at all?

I'd like to see people ride out in plate armor they like. in a Ninja suit or Orc suit... whatever.

12. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

13. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I find GM armor mixed with a couple of runic pieces sufficent to my needs. That being said I still need to hunt for the leathers and make my bod runs on my crafter for the runic kits. But again its very cheap and easy to replace items for me.

If these new Faction rewards are as cheap in silver as many fear it wont take anyone too long to have enough silver to effectively resuit very very quickly. In fact farming silver for a few hours could essentially allow a motivated individual dozens of enhanced artifacts.

I understand that Siege isn't a classic UO shard but I had really hoped when I made the move to Siege just over year ago after 6 years on Atlantic/Chessy that it wasn't a shard dominated by items.

14. the good thing about siege perilous is that you wander full of arties only if you actually have the guts for doing it, like in the past. Why ruining that?

15. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would be happy if we could have the drop from the old spawn on Felucca overland/dungeons/T2A upgraded.

It do not need to drop upper stuff, just useful stuff or stuff useful for crafters.

The reason overland of Felucca is a desert is mainly noone want to waste time hunring there, not even a newbie.

16. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

As I added in another thread here....

Let the players on Siege to be able to place another house per account and more folks would come to Siege. Most Players all ready own a house on other shards and it's hard to give up that home to be able to place on Siege.

If UO/EA allowed you to be able to place another house per account ONLY on Siege then maybe more folks would be willing to give Siege a try.

Just my two cents worth.

17. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think Black Rain has a good idea here.

What ya'll are missing is the fact that the best way to stop item dependency is to put the items in the hands of everyone.

It will give the pk's a place to check outside of Luna.

It will give pvm'ers something to do other than spawns and peerless.

18. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

As told so offen, this would hurt Siege badly. There are 20? normal shards, you would see most of the PvP'ers from there place a Siege house too. That would be ok if they would play here too but most of them would login once a month or so and the houses would be a pain as it would be ghost houses blocking spots for real Siege players.

There are better ways to fix it.

1: Increase bankbox to 1000 items

2: Rent out some of the rooms in town houses, give the renter 4 secure chests = 500 secure items, 20 can be used to lockdown deco items in the room.
    Allow the secure on the chests and the door to be set to guild to allow sharing with guildmembers or chars on other account in same guild.
    As it's townrooms, they will be expensive, 2000gp a week
    Allow ine vendor for each room

3: Some apartments, both in the edge of town and away from town, maybe with 10-20 apartments in each house. An apartment could have around 50-100 tiles incuded a balcony and from 500- 2000 secures/lockdowns. They should have normal secure setting like for classic houses.
    Think monthly fee should depent of the max of lockdown, so 500 lockdowns = 5000gp a month to keep the apartment, 2000 lockdowns = 20.000gp a month.
    Could make less wanted apartments cheaper, maybe half price.
    Make a public place for vendors, allow 1 vendor for each 500 lockdowns
    I'm sure devs could find some places for them.

4: Unused guaard towers, alot of them still have beds. Rent out a bed and a single secure for around 500gp a week.
    Add a few npc vendors and a minter and crafting add-ons and allow each renter to have 1 vendor placed in a public room.

Sure this will be cheaper to give up the house on normal shards but alot need time to be ready for that.
    Only chars with no house on Siege can rent a place to live.

19. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

NO!!! ...la

20. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

Yea, imbuing is going to killing farming for items with the exception of farming for ingredients.

Why would I bother trying to farm an artifact when I can just MAKE ONE?

Edit: Only catch I see is DI counts and one of the 5 props, so if you farmed a nice weapon with 6 props [including the DI], from what I understand you can use imbuing to bump up the existing properties already on the weapon. So maybe farming won't go completely away, but I'll bet it still does.

21. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

That's the whole point of this thread. In conjunction with Imbuing... hot dog man would we have an awesome server.

Whether your a crafter, thief, pvmer, pvper, whatever... you will have tons of fun and good things to do.

You will see that players will still buy the goods because they are useful. And players will hunt them because they are useful.

This is Win Win for Siege

22. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Yeah... don't we all run or want to run good stuff?

There is risk versus reward... a lot of people come to Siege with the "don't leave the house with what you can't afford to lose"

You will still lose the stuff.

How many times has someone wanted to "Quit the game" because they lost their ONE precious item.

There will always be new and cooler items... why can't we have fun with the items we already have...?

Do we feel like we need to be suckered into enjoying this game or something?

23. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think Black Rain has some good ideas. Drops you can count on and specific locatiosn will lead to everyone being able to either equip or afford to buy these items as well as fights over them. I think it would be nice for new people or returning vets to be able to be competitive as quickly as possible. More people to kill + more people to kill = more fun. I hate only having KoC or JSV to fight; not to knock either guild but damn I remember a time when rounds would be made and by the end of the night you may have fought 8 different guilds in 8 different locations, not to mention the various rematches that would take place.

24. Black Tom

Black Tom Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think you are missing something here...If spawns are worthwhile so you can get ingredients then they will be patrolled. Why would a PvMer bother if they know they will probably lose their stuff. So you still have only the few that will benefit.

Also, you seem to have the idea that this will make it so everyone can run good stuff and replace it easily. Easily replaced means less loss. Hmmm...sounds to me like insurance would serve the same purpose.

Now, if insurance was used, then the PvMers would actually do the spawns since they would only lose what they had farmed up to that time and not their whole kit.

25. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Why would a PvMer bother if they know they will probably die? This is siege dude... PvMers already go out and PvM... and are the majority of the time disappointed with their loots. This is throwing them and in turn... the rest of us a giant bone to this community, economy and well being of Siege.

There will be multiple avenues to obtain loots... not just one spot. Multiple places yielding good items and even other skills (such as treasure hunting, fishing, so on and so forth.)

AND

Loots will be obtained more often, increasing the rewards for the risk... which means more people will take the risk of wearing good suits (PvMing OR PvPing) because they will actually be able to afford replacing them...

It's called... win win for a reason good sir.

Easily replaced does not mean less loss. Item insurance means less loss.

The idea that I seem to have is that if you make an item that is useful, readily available to the population... then they will use it.

Just like GM+ crafted armor.

Now I'm wondering if you even play Siege? There is nothing about this shard that says PvMers would actually do the spawns if they had item insurance.

Seriously?

We don't have item insurance right now and people go out and hunt. What this idea is about is making it so they get better rewards for going out and hunting.

Item Insurance is the suckiest, crappiest and lamest suggestion anyone could make to fix this problem.

The problem is-is that we can't play with the cool items in this game regularly and currently going out and getting them as it is... has high risks (pks) and crappy rewards (low drop rates.)

Thanks.

26. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Sounds like TC to me... "Give arties"

No thank you.

27. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Me too.

And then we got the Magincia invasion and now faction stuff...

28. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

Give fishing and treasure hunting a bone and put the lesser peerless ingredients on them.

29. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    This is something I could agree to. It could be suggested that is done on ALL shards, so we get the prodo players on board with us.

30. FrejaSP

Made a new thread on U.Hall, as I don't want to mess up this thread. Rented Rooms and Apartments Idea

31. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Honestly i like the fact that noone realy runs with An Arty suit or some all powerful suit.... and even if they do they dont have it for too long..... I recently have been doing factions on Catskills.... and i have noticed that on there the pvp isnt based on skill it is purely based on the suit of items that you have on your character.... on siege the pvp is based on skill and i would like to keep it that way

32. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Accualy after thinking about it..... it seems that logically if everyone had access to All the artys and rares like they were regular armor then the pvp here would still be based off of Skill..... but i would think we would need some newer rares as well somthing to keep us looking for the good stuff after the people on siege farm like theres no tomarrow trying to get the Old rares and arties