1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Focus - allow to raise or not?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by gortman, Dec 30, 2009.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed that my focus skill is climbing quickly. I know from Stratics that focus helps with stamina and mana regeneration, but is it advisable to let it keep raising? Template dependent I'm guessing, but are the skill points better spent elsewhere? If so, maybe I should prevent it from raising any higher. In just a few game hours it's gone from nothing to over 50 on my blacksmith.

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The only time I let focus rise is if I'm going to be training something that requires mana, and then I'll let focus and med raise until I'm at the desired skill level then I'll either set them to go back down or soulstone those skills off.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

just let it raise, until you hit your skill cap, then turn it down - when training other skills, the extra mana and stamina regeneration can be useful.

Especially for a crafter, that might be out mining or lumberjacking, or hauling resources from point A to point B within a house (or from bank to forge, in town), the increased stamina will allow you a bit more movement when overloaded.

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If I make a new char, I always turn focus and med up. They really help while training. Then when they hit 100, I turn them down. No need to soulstone since they are SO EASY to gain to GM again (if you need them).

Also remember to take the new player quests in New Haven, to get the blessed items and accelerated skill gain (while you're in Old Haven), if you want.

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks again for all the great info. You guys are making my return to the game so much easier!