1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Focus attack benefits clarification?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Baldguy, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Baldguy

Baldguy Guest

First, I have found reference that the hit effect bonus scales with skill, but that leaves some room for guessing.
    Which effects are boosted? Hit area, hit lower defense, leeches, magical attacks?
    How much is the damage increase, and does it fall under the item / effect cap?
    How much are the hit effects boosted with skill?
    Is the hit effect boost affected by SSI on the weapon (like leeches are)?

Second, I would like to point out that the ninjitsu guides on the site list minimum skill for focus attack as 60 vice 30.
  2. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 6, 2008
    if you toggle focus attack and mouse over your wep you will see what properties have been increased and you can see by how much.
  3. Fink

Fink Guest

"Hit" effects like leech, lower, spell, etc.
    At 120 skill they are doubled.
    DI, SSI, etc are untouched.

Be careful of logging out with Focus Attack toggled as sometimes it disenchants the weapon twice next time you log in, and your hit properties can be set to zero. This usually only lasts until server-save but once it lasted several days for me.
  4. Baldguy

Baldguy Guest

thanks that clarifies the hit effect part. What about the damage increase per the UO, stratics, uoguide and assassin thread pages?