1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Focused Scribe Mage with Resist?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Lord Taliesin, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    I'm revamping my mage for PvP and thinking about running a focused scribe mage with resist. With GM inscription I can run protection with +30 resist on jewels giving me 120. I'm wondering if anyone has experience or thoughts on this? Also I want to make sure I understand sdi caps correctly, as a focused mage the pvp sdi cap is 30, does the 10% sdi from inscription stack on top of this?
  2. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 18, 2008
    I'll answer your SDI cap question. You are correct, if you are a focused mage your PvP SDI cap is 30, the 10% from inscription will sit on top of this for a total of 40.

The next part is purely opinion, if you are planning a magery pvp template that relies on protection you will not likely do well. You just won't be able to cast fast enough to keep up.