1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

FoF...alot of faction stuff coming up!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know many of you *hate* UoHall. I thought many of you would want to know about this.

From the Five on Friday....
    "You've hinted at more faction-related stuff coming up - is this in Publish 56?"
    Yes! The next round of content adds completely new rewards and incentives for Factions. Amongst them are many new items, a few of which we can tease about below.

Faction Equippables: A set of enhanced Artifacts. They will be available for purchase via a collection box in your Faction Stronghold (later on, silver collected this way will benefit your faction, but that will be in a future publish.) These items will have several restrictions:

* Bound to the character that purchases them - they won't be tradable or equippable by anyone else
    * Durability has been added to many of them, requiring repairs as they're damaged
    * Can only be repaired with the new Powder of Perseverance, a faction-only item. (Powder of Fortification will not work on them)
    * Available only to certain ranks; if you lose your faction rank you will no longer be able to equip an item of that rank.

We'll release the full table of items in the notes when the publish goes to Test Center, but here are a few examples so you can see what we mean by "enhanced":

* Rank 1: Rune Beetle Carapace with additional +3 to all resists
    * Rank 4: Crimson Cincture with additional +5 Dexterity
    * Rank 7: Spirit of the Totem with enhanced resists (instead of the linked resists, this version has Phys 20% and 10% in each of the others)
    * Rank 9: Folded Steel Reading Glasses with additional +10 DCI
    * Rank 10: Ornament of the Magician with additional Mana Regen 3

There are a total of nineteen new artifacts spread out across the various tiers.

Faction Consumables: In addition to the new artifacts, a number of new consumables will be available for purchase with silver. Anyone in the faction will be able to use the items (they are freely tradable) but there will be a cooldown on many of the items, based on rank. Examples of the consumables include:

* Stronghold Rune: One-use item that will teleport you to your faction HQ (standard criminal flagging rules apply)
    * Shrine Gem: One-use item that can be used to teleport your ghost to the nearest shrine
    * Powder of Perseverance: A variant of Powder of Fortification that can be used on the new faction items.
    * Enhanced bandages that also remove curses
    * Two new types of potions

There will also be a new item for sale that allows Human players to equip Elven items.

Start stocking up your silver, and when this goes to Test Center we look forward to your feedback and bug reports!

You can read the whole article here:
    http://www.uoherald.com/fof/fiveonfriday128.php

2. Goron

Goron Guest

ut oh...
    make the powerful more powerful... thats bad:-(

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It was one of the non-faction bits that made me go 'hmm'
    oh and the bit that made me go 'yay' was

4. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Bring on the mana potions and faction mage equippables and I'm all in.

5. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

6. Goron

Goron Guest

what does a stealth tamer that never shows need mana for?
    not like you need the mana to egg bomb at all- u just use the all guard me silent attack...

7. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If they really do put mana potions in I will probably being playing whatever that game is puffy is trying out..

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if this stuff will be siege blessable? I also wonder about the silver cost.

9. Patty Pickaxe

Tiberius-

These items will have several restrictions:

* Bound to the character that purchases them - they won't be tradable or equippable by anyone else

Maybe not blessed, but if you lose it, no one else can wear it.

10. Zip

Zip Guest

Ok, this is ****ing hillarious. Talk about declining years... they are just admitting that we're all old n' blind now. If we just had glasses we wouldn't get hit quite so much.

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Stealable? *hopes*

...and HA to all of you who have thrown away all of your silver over the years. I knew i held on to the stuff i had stolen for good reason, lol...la

12. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The idea of being able to purchase a possibly blessable ornament appeals to me as does the idea of a steady source of good items. It all depends on the total cost. I personally miss the days of faction blessed runic armour; it really gave us a reason to fight over the cities; along the same lines it's too bad so many uncursed hat artifacts were made worthless by removing the ability to bless them with cbds:).

13. -Whiskey-

-Whiskey- Guest

Adding pointless items to this game is gonna make its demise =(

14. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

So how many rank 10's can each faction have?...la

15. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

if only you can equip an item, am I reading that correctly in that those items will be blessed? On Siege?

16. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

wow .....

17. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Complete and total BS for a Siege ruleset. They disabled bracelets of binding here, I hope they do as well to these...

18. Patty Pickaxe

I don't know if that means its blessed. If you get killed, it may be lootable, but of no value to anyone else bc they can't wear it.

19. Petra Fyde

I don't think that necessarily follows, after all if you have a 'owned by #name' talisman no one else can wear it, but you can sure as heck lose it.

20. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to see these items implemented if they are made trade able and not blessed. It would be a good way to barter for items back etc.

21. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

It could also make faction fighting in TOWNS increase ten fold, own a town, possibility of getting good items for a short time? Sounds good to me! It will also open the playing field for those who cannot afford good items

22. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

My exact thought.....The higher your rank in factions, the better the item you can wear? The people who have a higher rank in factions don't need better items. :coco:

23. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I don't see how it's fair that because you're a good PvPer you don't deserve to wear better items.....it will encourage people to try more I think, and I bet we'll see a lot more action because of this.

24. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I knew I locked that 300k+ silver down for a reason!!

25. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Great. MORE stupid, trammy bull**** making its way to Siege and ruining the only thing left in this game thats any fun. WTF are they thinking???

26. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It's not fair because only the good pvp'ers will have these items that make them even better pvp'ers. How does that let someone catch up to them?

If a billionaire wins the lottery, does it make you closer to catching up to what he makes?

I'm not saying the better pvp'ers shouldn't be allowed to get the items. I'm saying everyone should get the items, or better yet, no one.

27. KVJ

KVJ Guest

Ohhhh quit your crying!!!

If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen. We are all on a mission!!

Like I said before, the hand is out there to help fine tune your pvp skills.

It's not our fault you don't fight uneven odds and just solely focus on ganking.

The real PvPers will be able to take advantage of these goodies and the ones who sit in their houses all day, will not. Which I think is absolutely tremendous.

RBC here daddys comes!!!

28. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not trying to come off rude... But how in the hell do you think only the good pvpers will be able to obtain these items?

From what I read you get them with silver... So you farm monsters that give silver while in factions... Not a hard task at all.

29. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

true I have hundreds of thousands of silver to use muhahahahaaha

30. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

this might actually get me into factions

31. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

an orc faction? isn't that comparable to aa or something?

32. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Welcome to point mules and people with trapped crates that they pop before they'd die to anyone.

Also:

So stealth into a base in wraith form... steal sigil and double click the rune.

They better think this stuff through a little bit more... and at least QA it a bit.

33. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

You can't help stuck, gate, recall or sacred journey with a sigil so i expect the teleport works the same. Mind you only U.O devs could be bad enough to screw that up :)

34. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

or maybe reevo could screw up that bad...:gun:

35. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Um, was that directed at me? Cause I fight solo.

36. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Not rude at all. But you might have missed the part where some of the items will only be obtainable when you have a high rank in factions. The higher your rank, the better the item you can get. Therefore, you must have the high rank before you get the item. Silver is a minor faction, even I can get that :)

From UOHerald:

Faction Equippables: A set of enhanced Artifacts. They will be available for purchase via a collection box in your Faction Stronghold (later on, silver collected this way will benefit your faction, but that will be in a future publish.) These items will have several restrictions:

Bound to the character that purchases them - they won't be tradable or equippable by anyone else
    Durability has been added to many of them, requiring repairs as they're damaged
    Can only be repaired with the new Powder of Perseverance, a faction-only item. (Powder of Fortification will not work on them)
    Available only to certain ranks; if you lose your faction rank you will no longer be able to equip an item of that rank.
    We'll release the full table of items in the notes when the publish goes to Test Center, but here are a few examples so you can see what we mean by "enhanced":
    Rank 1: Rune Beetle Carapace with additional +3 to all resists
    Rank 4: Crimson Cincture with additional +5 Dexterity
    Rank 7: Spirit of the Totem with enhanced resists (instead of the linked resists, this version has Phys 20% and 10% in each of the others)
    Rank 9: Folded Steel Reading Glasses with additional +10 DCI
    Rank 10: Ornament of the Magician with additional Mana Regen 3
    There are a total of nineteen new artifacts spread out across the various tiers.

37. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

I like these ideas, but...

1. They need to be equipable regardless of faction rank or I'll never get to use any of them. I'm always -5 or -6 kill points.

2. The shrine gem should only transport people to the chaos shrine. Most factioners are red, and it won't be helpful to be transported to (for example) the compassion shrine.

38. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

The rank thing is more than fine, there should be some reward for not being horrible at pvping otherwise whats the point? Anyways it's not hard to farm points from your own characters if you are that terrible anyway, most of Siege will take that route i'm sure.

39. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

they dont say blessed do they i dont recall reading that
    i hope not that way they will decay and people will acually have to farm just to use these

40. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

all you would have to do is go join COM you dont need points if there isnt anyone else in your faction you would be almost insta rank 10

41. KVJ

KVJ Guest

I actually feel sorry for you... But then again.... No I don't...

I always kill you and you seem to lower my pvp skills. Any reason why? And If so, can you do anything about this?

42. warzone

warzone Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I don't like that whole rank 10 orni idea.

43. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

I think the faction changes are good i just wish they would be more clear berfore the post something about it. UO's statement was vague which creates so much concerns for us (siege players)

44. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I am curious as to ranks... My faction thief has a rank of 4 and less than zero punkte. He is a thief for heavens sake.

45. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

Im not exactly sure but has to do with the number of people in the faction and how many times you die vs kill. as for your thief really hes at 4 thats good dont know why on that

46. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Seems to me like they'd have to fix the borked faction ranking system before launching something like this, but I still think item based incentives is a really really bad idea. It's going to create a severe imbalance for those who pvp, but aren't in factions.

47. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I am somewhat hesitant about this deal. Yes, factions needs some love. But this? I dunno. Faction folk with really nice stuff, bought with silver?

48. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You mean like using MI to raid the spawns of people who aren't factions?

49. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have a VERY bad feeling in my stomach that these items are going to end up blessed on siege.

I mean, "bound" and not transferable sounds pretty much like blessed to me. I mean if you can't transfer them, then why would they let it fall into your corpse when you die? it means blessed obviously

50. Petra Fyde

we already have an item that's 'bound' to a character. It's not blessed.

some talismans come with the 'owned by' tag. They can't be used by anyone else, but they're not blessed.