1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

FoF Request: The ratio of luck to increased arti drops/doom points

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Seismic, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I'd like to know the statistics behind the affect that luck has on artifact drops in the ToT system, specifically in Doom.

We all know that luck does indeed numerically increase the "chances" or the "points" you accumulate per boss kill but can we get more details please?

2. Seismic

Seismic Guest

bumpity, bump, bump...

3. Vex

Vex Guest

Wearing luck in Doom gives your monster loot a great boost, but I do not believe it effects your arti drop points.

4. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Actually, we debunked that in a previous thread. Luck does indeed increase your arti points..

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=95476

5. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, luck does actually affect your Doom artie drop rate, at least that is what the dev team published a few years back. I will have to do some looking, but I remember the formula involved using the square root of your luck and some other stuff to get to the actual percentage bump.

6. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think what you say is the case before the change:

Cf: FoF:20070119

The further details after the change are not clarified by devs, as far as I know.

7. Seismic

Seismic Guest

What you listed above is the old method, correct? Just want to clarify..

Because if that is current, and I'll never be the top damager as a bard (rarely, anyways), I may as well reduce my luck amount before my next trip to Doom..

8. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

Luck will still affect the quality of the non-artifact loot that you get. Occasionally you can get an artifact-grade item - in fact my high-luck bard once got a ring from a dragon that I would consider an artifact equivalent.

9. Luck does NOT increase your points. It increases your chance that the points you have are enough for you to get a drop. If you don't get a drop your points don't increase any more from killing the boss than if you had zero luck.

10. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Leurocian stated about the new system of Doom Arties as follows on 11/09/07:
    And Wilki stated about the system of ToT as follows on 02/17/05:
    "Luck acts a modifier that causes your chances to increase at a faster rate."

I supposed that the points themselves gotten from monsters will be increased from this sentence of Wilki.

11. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I think I understand it now, thanks everyone!

12. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

in Doom...luck should be instanced too like corpses but that is probably too complicated to code for the devs...right now only top damager's luck is applied - which is totally STUPID!!

sure wish that would change

13. Seismic

Seismic Guest

No, that's the system previous to the details given by Leurocian in November 2007. The system you speak of was the one addressed in the FoF above in January 2007.

14. Harb

Harb Guest

Vex, if your RL initials are MM and you were close to the headquarters a wee bit back, they have changed the system in Doom since :)