1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Foil? what Foil? Macaws? what Macaws? Recipes? What recipes?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well today I saw the pictures of the flocks of Macaws and thought I would go take a look. I also read that foil spawned and you had to pick it up and it spawned Macaws. Having looked round for an hour or so at the locations shown I saw not a single piece of foil and not a Macaw in sight either. Wouldn't think much of it a a one off but since the introduction of Eodon and killing no end of denizens I have seen not a single recipe of any kind and believe me I have looked .Had masteries drop ok and berries without number. but recipes? forget it. Must be just me I guess but it sure seems odd somehow.

2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

The Dev Team had a change of plans of getting the foil. To get it now you need to go back to the area and "tug" the foil you see, may take a few tries. Eventually macaws will pop out. Kill them to have a chance at looting the foil from their bodies.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Tedium... the new UO.... everything must be excessively tedious and time consuming.... and a grind. :wall: Where is a good disgust with an eyeroll smiley when you need it.

Attached Files:

Lord Frodo, Odin of LS and old gypsy like this.
  4. Silentfury

Silentfury Journeyman

I was wondering why I hadn't found any recipes to loot off corpses, until one popped into my pack like a Doom Artifact. I imagine you need to build up point to get a drop much like Doom and Martie's.

whiterabbit likes this.
  5. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Correct. High luck somehow betters your chances of getting a drop, but as with all things luck-related, its a maddeningly opaque design.

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Its not live on Europa yet.

Bobar likes this.
  7. Governor Ma Nerva

Governor Ma Nerva Adventurer

does anyone know exactly what we make with the foil? and is there a special thing?

8. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

The new nutcracker chocolates are made with the foil. But the recipe will be available as a choice of Christmas gifts.

9. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

We get a token as a Christmas gift. One of the options off the token is a Nutcracker Recipe for making 3 different chocolate Nutcrackers. The foil is an ingredient needed to wrap them in. Once a player "unwraps" one, there is a chance for a rare Card Of Semidar. Four different cards that can be traded among players.

10. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Looks like you were right and Worldwide didn't include Europa till today, they are there today, for me that just leaves the mystery of the recipes, I have been there most days since Eodon started and my kill total must be quite large and still as yet no recipes at all.

11. Dizzy

Dizzy Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

I've done, oh, 20 turtle spawns. I got my first recipe last night, then bam 3 in a row in a single spawn.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Murphy's law appears to be in league with the dratted RNG on this one. If you want recipes you get Aloron armor drops, and if you want Aloron's armor you get recipes. Now I suppose there'll be the new armor drop too, Darden’s Armor.

whiterabbit likes this.
  13. Deep Ellum Dan

so does a recipe allow you to make all parts of that armor type or only for instance Dragon Turtle Tunic, Dragon Turtle Leggings ... etc...

14. Petra Fyde

the recipe only allows you to make one particular item.

15. Dot_Warner

A point system where WE could choose our reward would be preferable. The RNG-reliant systems that give us a random (usually an undesirable) rewards get a bit old...quickly. I keep getting the armor pieces when I want the recipes. I pretty much never intend on dressing a dinosaur slaying cat...

Uvtha and DJAd like this.
  16. Deep Ellum Dan

Wow, so with the near non-existing drops for recipes, to be able to make a suit seems to much off a hassle. Is the armor even worth all this trouble,?

17. Dot_Warner

Its only chest x2/arms/legs/helm in a vaguely roman-looking scalemail type armor. See my post here for more.

But getting the recipes is only the first hurdle, you also need to get scute off the dragon turtle...and that's handed in the poorest way possible - first come, first serve. Fortunately, one successful skinning of the turtle will supply you with enough scute for a 2-3 suits.

18. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

What company would put a rotten lich card in their candy? lol Just sounds funny to me. Sure there have been some pretty gross bubble gum cards in the past. Even when I was a little kid, way back, we had Mars Attacks cards that were a little grizzly for a kid (and we loved it). But it still strikes me as funny. That being said I'm looking forward to the cards.

19. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Do you not recall Garbage Pail Kids? Garbage Pail Kids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Capt. Lucky and Slayvite like this.
  20. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

where do you find this foil to pull and these Macaws?
    i found Willy the Chocolate maker but i cant seem to find where to spawn these birds at.

anyone want to give the slow kid a clue to work with?

21. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran

From the chocolate maker, keep heading straight west. Run through the first square temple/platform, keep going past the little fountain building to the north and just past the fountains you'll run into the pyramid with the nests and foil.

22. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Yeah they replaced the Lag-a-thon Pyramid with the new spawn. Just spent about an hour and got 10 using an RC to kill them, so maybe a 25% drop rate. Also got a recipe for the Jester Shoes (which I already had :( and a couple of chocolate mats.

23. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

you get one foil per 'nest'
    i just did 30 nests and got 30 foil.
    get 1-3 birds to spawn per nest.

disco + greater dragon = for the win!

24. MalagAste

I used my Full 4x120 Bard... Pull the foil run a bit turn provoke the little buggers cast two EV's fizzle a hundred times... wail a wee bit go pull some more foil provoke, kept 2 or 3 packs of the little devil birds pecking one another eyes out.... got about 71 foil or so called it a day.

25. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

I think you have to kill 100-200 of pre dragon turtle spawn for a chance at a reciepe

Deep Ellum Dan likes this.
  26. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

What fun would it be if you had all the recipes after a week? I don't mind the fact, that it may take me afew month before I have all the new recipes. Yes some may get them before me but I will get them.
    This way, I can sell the ones I already have.

So far I have the Chef's hat, the evening dress, 2 of the skirts and think 3 of the tiger armor recipes. I do look forward to I can imbue my first Tina Tink Tiger suit and put it on my vendor and the day I can make both a female and a male suit. Alot tigers are going to die and maybe this new birds too.

I also want to make a white and a black tiger suit. I may sune have enough black tiger pelt, but will take some time to get the white one as the white tigers are very rare.

If I got this recipes to easy, I would have no reason to keep hunting tigers. Same with the folie, it's not hard to get, even when it's will take more time now.

Thank Devs for a great work with balancing it :heart:@Mesanna

Njjj and whiterabbit like this.
  27. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

which spawn drops recipes (into pack)? anything in eodon? turtle champ spawn only?

28. MalagAste

Anything in Eodon.

29. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

30. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Wel,l you could actually make/wear the items, which would be 100 times more fun than grinding for the recipes to make them. :/

31. Selistrana

Selistrana Visitor

I really Love the new Tiger Pelt Armor and the Dragon Turtle Armor and the new Cloth .... but now we come to the Point where i want to Rage! Where of the Hell are the Tiger Pelt Recipe Arms and Gloves, the Dragon Turtle Neck and Gloves Recipes? Both Armors are not complete! Please give us the rest Recipes too. OMG or i will Rage and Kill some poor Felu Peoples with Mr. Moo my Turtle. :yell::bdh:

32. Petra Fyde

Studded armor is a 5 piece suit - no helm. Chain armor is a 3 piece suit - no arms, gloves or gorget. Ringmail armor is a 4 piece suit - no helm, no gorget. In fact relatively few armor types have all 6 pieces.

Uvtha likes this.
  33. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It would probably mesh well with Bone armor, no?

34. Petra Fyde

Maybe, but I wouldn't. Tiger and dragon turtle seem to both be classed as 'leather', so medable. Looking at what the tribes wear, maybe mix with mempo, hiro sode and ninja mitts?

35. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

But...but...if I make the chocolate, wrap it in foil, won't I have to have the card to put in it... ? we don't want strangers putting strange items in the foods we cook, now, do we?

36. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Another 5 days at Eodon since I made this post and the recipe drought continues. As I have been visiting Eodon since it was introduced on Oct 8th I cant see the drops being an accumulated total. I have been killing with about 1400 luck so either that is not high enough or the RNG hates me. Still think something is odd.