1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Following the Clues...

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Faeryl, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I meant to make this sooner, but Stratics was having issues... Then I went to see Harry Potter (but that's not important!)

Anyways, so far we seem to have figured out that the book The Wild Girl of the Forest [First Edition] is the important book, being the only one that could be copied. It seems that the point of interest in this book is this:

The widow told me of Japheth's final mission, retrieving a cache of rare books for the nobility of the land.

These books were recovered and distributed amongst the nobles, but as Japheth died on this final mission, there isn't much known about it.

I'm thinking that we have to track down the books recovered from that cache, but I've no real idea where to look. I've done a general sweep of the cities as well as the Lycaeum, but I'm at a loss...

FYI: If anyone wants me, I'm sitting in the CruxAnsata chat, apparently alone :(

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Guess stratics let us back in at the same time ;)

I was along your lines of thinking as well but have yet to turn up anything new. I have ran across a couple of old books (Brit Castle and just outside Glow) but nothing new. With strat back up it finally allows me to research some here also tho. Man do I hate when they are down.

3. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My main issue is that I don't know if something was from an old event, or if it's new, or even from an event...

I did have a nice little chat with Josiah earlier though in which he agreed that the books from the cache could be of importance. :)

4. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I found the bones!! I'm just not sure how to actually get them... Yet...

5. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

The "Recovery" of the bones will be a separate event.

I received an email with a screen shot at 9:48pm EST last night, so officially that group will get credit for 'being the first'.

However, as Faeryl found them also before I was able to confirm, she will also get a nice jump in Crux Merit Points for the find, once Danica is again with us.

Try not to 'spread' the location around too much, let others who are working on it try and figure it out on their own. You can give hints if they ask of course :)

6. Lady Mal

Lady Mal Journeyman

*high fives Faeryl*

Take that Bellatrix!

7. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Congrats to the first group!

I felt kind of foolish after finding the clue to the location of the bones, as I'd looked in that spot yesterday and completely missed it! Still, after that finding the bones was simple :blushing:

8. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor