1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

For a Beginner

Discussion in 'FINAL FANTASY XI General Discussion' started by Bumbledogswirls, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Alright. I've taken to Final Fantasy lately. I admire the genius of Square Enix for making this, since it's sooo much cooler than the awesome PS2 games out there. BUT, as a beginner, I'm a fan of Final Fantasy Black Magic, is this a poor choice? :( And is there a difference between the races? What do you think I should do? Not that it really makes a huge difference. :D
  2. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 31, 2003
    Heya Cliff, welcome to this side of Stratics.

Black Mages are tough to work up, but as far as endgame goes they are indispensible. Fortunately, there are many ways for a BLM to work solo if they have troubles getting a group to level with. Tarutarus have the most MP (Magic points, or Mana points) of all the races (and they are cuter, as you see in my avatar!). They also have the most INT (intelligence) of all the races, which is important to a BLM. I can't say I've ever seen a Galka BLM before, but I'm sure one exists somewhere. You can make anything work, is what I'm trying to say. Pick the race you like the best.
  3. Thanks Trish! :D I might use the short guys! I'm not downgrading them, I just don't have their names down yet! :D