1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

For the Next Expansion!!!

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, May 2, 2010.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

My best friend is an A-10 pilot ... another several who are F-14 pilots.

However .. being old School I'd send a flight of B-52s over ...

*static* ... and probably drop a few JDAMs on ...*kkrrrkkk*

But that's just me ...

3. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<Mode = "Native">
    I agree with the idea, although I'm of the opinion we should add things that bring people together, and make sure it's easy for people to get to. Basically revitalizing city centers. If you create a place that makes people want to go there, and add incentives to be there, they will come. I think the social aspect of UO is something that we could be thinking about a little differently. It's an aspect of UO that amazed me when I first came to work on the game 6 years ago (holy crap - time flies!) and it's obviously a major aspect of UO.
    I know that getting people to play together has always been a goal, but I don't know that we've necessarily said "Let's just get people together." Not in a sense of creating a quest or Boss monsters that you can't solo (although it always seems that players end up solo-ing a boss designed to not be solo-able) but just approaching the social interactivity a bit differently. I duno, just a thought.
    <mode = "Dev">

Cheers,
    Grimm-Meister

4. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Right! Those are excellent specific examples of what I was referring to. I'm no designer, that's why I try to speak in generalities, but you mention there sounds awesome.

-Grimminator

5. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

I didn't sound mean at all, but thank you for your clarification. When I say "... just a thought" It's to let you know that I was speaking from the viewpoint of a player, and as a Dev, my place is Art. I don't know much about Game Design as a profession, nor would I want to give the impression to you folks that I think I have all the answers. In short, me being humble - it doesn't always happen, but there it is. :)

-Grimmzers