1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Forensic Evaluation???

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Reinzeld, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 11, 2004
    Okay, this is undoubtedly the stupidest question ever to be asked, but for the life of me, I have no idea....

Is forensic eval a new skill? In the (I don't know...12-ish?) years I've played this game, on and off, I have never noticed this skill, until I saw a SoT for it on a vendor today?

From the info I've found, it seems...pretty stupid. Therefore, I'd assume it's a lame holdover from the "old" UO days (i.e. camping, item identification (no flames campers, I know, it's awesome :p)), but I honestly can't remember ever seeing it.
  2. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    It is useful mostly to guilds to attempt to protect their membership.
    Trying to remember when it came out or was revamped.
    I think it came into its hayday when disguise kits were first introduced and back when thieves were perma-grey. Then you could search down someone who was a thief and kill them without retribution. But subsequent changes made it fairly useless.
    Recently Forensic Evaluation was used in a quest-story arc event...but you needed little to no skill in it to attempt to use it.
    There are still detectives that haunt the Felucca gates finding targets they can kill without retribution of a murder count.
  3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

it was in the game in Dec 1998 when I started. that's the extent of my knowledge on it as well.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    Detectives are fun to play, if not especially useful. ^_^