1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Former "Vet" player here...

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by trebor223, May 1, 2008.

1. trebor223

trebor223 Guest

Hello! I played back in the day from long before the induction of Samurais and Tokuno dyes, until about a year or so after having acknowledged my Elven heritage. I was in a guild called "The Red Cross" on Atlantic. We had a neutral guild house in Fel. Many fun fun times were had by all!

I left UO for a new little game called W.o.W. Needless to say I've since left the world of morecrap, and am considering tossing my coin back into UO.

Any thoughts, advice, comments?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As a vet who returned after a 4 year break, I can only give you this advice. Prepare to re-learn everything you thought you knew.

Ok, so maybe that's a little overly dramatic, but there have been some big changes while you were gone. If you do decide to come back, I'd suggest spending a few bucks with a gold broker if you don't already have a decent nest egg from when you quit (assuming you're using an already established account). The economy is not what it used to be, inflation has taken a heavy toll on things. There are a few new skills that you might want to look into, and if you do, take the new haven quests for them. They will advance you to a decent starting level, and help give you a basic understanding of the skills. Beyond that, the only other thing I can say is don't be afraid to ask questions. I've been back about a year and I'm still pretty confused most of the time.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just come back "home" to us! [​IMG]

Like Black_Sun said, just ask anything around here and there plenty of people who can try to help out with your questions.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmmm, flipping from the Dark Side back to the Light? [​IMG]

C'mon back ... it's a whole new game. Honest.