1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Forum format question...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dermott of LS, May 12, 2008.

1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Can the threaded mode be set up to put the box that has the thread links BELOW the post opened instead of above it?

2. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not without heavy modification (I know I made the Threaded Mod for vB)
    vBulletin doesn't really support threaded forum views in the way most people prefer it. All you really have is their version of threaded with the Box up top, or Hybrid which has the box and a flat style view of the whole post. No other options without a fair amount of modification.

~Rai

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Bleh.

Already a mark against it in my book... but then I prefer the ORIGINAL pre-Stratics version of the UHall anyway and always have.

I guess I'll deal... at least Threaded exists even if it's in a non-efficient manner. Makes threads easier to read (at least until they get so unwieldy that they're a pain to read in ANY format).

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Do note that while that posts may default to newest-reply-first for some people, you can fix that in the User CP.

as for threaded viw, you're on your own. Too many people RTLFC to go by threads, so I just view threads via pages of the replies.

5. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Question: On the old boards I was able to set the number of posts in a 'page' to 99. Is there a way to do that with this software?

Thanks

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Currently, I think the highest you can set it for is 40, but yes, there is a way to alter then number of posts per page. I had mine at 99 on the old boards. I always thought it funny of people talking about the number of "pages" in a post, with them not realizing that it was variable. (I.E. "There's over 20 pages!!!!" as the latest post in a thread, while I'm reading that post on page 5, with my settings)