1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Forum post idea

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by Slayvite, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Would it be possible to get a little icon next to a post when a Dev has posted in the thread?
    I see lots of threads by us players but I don't think I've seen a single post by a Dev this year.
    Are they even back off their Christmas break yet?
    I know they had exciting news for us they couldn't wait till the new year to tell us about but now 20 days in to the new year still nothing.......seems like they're starting as they mean to go on.

Taylor, MalagAste and Duncan Drake like this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

It's a good idea. There is a developer feed: UO Developer Feed | Stratics, including one post this year. But yes, an icon would be spiffy.

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Soon

4. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron Event Coordinator

I've moved this post to the Suggestions forum so we can keep track of it with the other suggestions.

While I can't make any promises, I personally think this is a great idea worth looking into.

Captn Norrington and Taylor like this.
  5. Taylor

I checked for existing plugins that do this. There isn't one, unfortunately. It'd have to be developed.

6. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

I've been looking too, and you're right there's isn't plugin for it. I know we're debating a couple of things we need so this will be added to the list.

7. Taylor

8. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

Sorry I was thinking about the one they use to give feedback on posts people make, not a marker on the Thread List.

I caught myself and you replied while I was editing :p

9. Taylor

@Nexus Ha, sorry about that. Someone suggested updating the thread prefix when a dev posts, but that would be painfully manual.

10. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

Now I am thinking of contacting the developer of this plugin [SSD] Group New Posts and asking him if he'd be interested in making a similar plugin that would allow us to show when a member of a specific usergroup makes a post anywhere on the forums. I could see lots of usage for it beyond just what people are asking for here.