1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Status

Discussion in 'UO Napa Valley' started by xenonthemage, May 29, 2008.

1. xenonthemage

xenonthemage Guest

For those unaware, Stratics is going to continue to use this VBB forums. We are currently in the process of merging data for the staff forums and working out any kinks that may arise. Most usernames, posts and pm's are recovered. At this point we cannot tell which usernames are lost. Once the staff forum merge is done we will begin work on the public forums. This process will take down the forums for two days. I will keep everyone updated as I can. If anyone has questions, concerns, problems or anything (well not just anything), feel free to email me at [email protected] or email the UO Forum admins at their usual email address.
  2. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

thanks for thy heads up :D
  3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Sep 3, 2007
  4. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    :thumbup: Thanks for the update, and for that :beer:
  5. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 20, 2008
    Ya!! the kids on the shortbus figured out how to fix the boards
  6. dielock

dielock Guest

Although I am not fond of this format, or thrilled that your bad luck caused this delimna.
    I guess since this is a free site and a good one to say the least. I will get used to this format eventually. Thanks for the heads up.
  7. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 27, 2000
    I was wondering if it is possible to merge one's old username with one's new username. Say, create a function where a user can log in with his/her old stratics username/pass and enter their new username and all of the old postcount and posts themselves are merged into the new username in an additive fashion.

Thanks for everything xenon.
  8. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

Ok if stratics is going to use this format...why is it still called the Temp stratics forum? :p

Just curious is all :p

yeah yeah I know. It will be fixed when the luna libary quits burning
  9. xenonthemage

xenonthemage Guest

Temp cuz we aren't fully where we want to be yet with these forums. Once data is merged, I think we'll see the temp fade away.
  10. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

aye ok. Not complaining :D Just glad we have something to post about now :D That time with no stratics..I Believe alot of us will say we went thru with drawers :D yeah yeah I screwed up on that spelling :p

As someone said its new and will take time to get used to. Thats the only downfall. But given time I do believe this is going to be great :D
  11. Bella Morte

Bella Morte Visitor

Jun 3, 2008
    So rather than fix and go back to the previous, professional forum, Stratics is now going to look like most guild website forums trying to go for that Stratics look & feel?
  12. xenonthemage

xenonthemage Guest

Not really sure I see these new forums being unprofessional. We are getting with the times. ubb is old. We had already planned on upgrading in the near future. Just this incident caused us to move forward faster than we had anticipated.

We are however, going to try and incorporate some of the things we had on the old forums. I personally like these new forums. The controls are a lot nicer here. Now instead of a couple of buttons, I have many buttons. Not sure if that's good for you guys and gals but accidents happen! ;)
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!