1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

foundation idea

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by DevilsOwn, Apr 21, 2009.

1. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

this design of Skylark's got me to thinkin'..... I love how the west edge just combines with the surroundings, so that the house appears to just be part of the landscape and not plunked down on top of it.... wouldn't it be great to have grass foundation walls so that this would happen on all edges? course, there'd be that problem of the front steps, but then maybe they would appear to be simply going up a slight incline to the house

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Grass steps! They'd look like grass tiles but with shading to make them look like they're going up. Could also do incline-snow steps and sand steps...mmm...would need grass like/sand like/snow like foundations too...

*dreams*

3. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

great Idea for those who like to make a Mini town with their plot.
    Adds just a bit more *flow* to the look of housing in UO.
    If they add this as a housing concept, I will definately use it!!

4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I agree. This would be a great idea!

5. Maelwyn

Maelwyn Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I just wish they didn't even have the raised plot. It's make the land look much nicer if the plots just blended in with the rest of the scenery. But then it'd be hard to know where houses were.

6. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If the foundations were grass they'd look awesome but I think they'd blend in a little too much! :D I run straight into illusion plots all the time when I'm not paying attention, especially coming from the north/west sides. Still I'd love some more 'natural' looking foundations. Sand, clay, stacked stones...