1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Four Hours of "Hard Work"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RaDian FlGith, Sep 10, 2009.

1. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In case anyone's wondering how people got their loyalty up so fast...

[​IMG]

Hard work my ass.

I threw in an EV of my own to confirm... I went from 753 to 754 as shown in the picture. Hard... work

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

God some parts of this game are just designed absolutely horribly.

3. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Uh, so? Would you like it the World of Warcraft way which would be to kill 10000 mobs?

4. guum

guum Guest

I went from about 600 loyalty to about 3500 in two hours tonight, killing stuff. No trickery, just killing things at a decent clip. I had a couple of unraveling bags with me, and I'd fill one up with everything on the bodies, then deposit it at home when it was overloading me and start on the second. After those two hours, in addition to the 3k-ish loyalty, I had nearly 400 magical residue and 60 enchanted essence, which I then used to take my crafter's Imbuing from 56 to 63.

I don't like rep grinds much, but compared to WoW, this is a super easy one, thank god.

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You mean like it is now?

6. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You won't kill 20+ mobs at the same time in WoW :)

7. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Went from 6k loyalty to 10k in 30 mins, In termur, wish i did that on launch :<

8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well what do you expect when you have a weak, fast spawning monster in a confined area that gives out lots of loyalty points? Acid Slugs just turned out to be the quickest. There are other locations in the Underworld and Stygian Abyss where the same can be done. It wasn't such a good idea to be able to gain loyalty by killing monsters.

9. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Again this was pointed out to them as a possible 'exploit' early on but they left it in the anyway.
    Thus you have your answer as to how they feel about 'powergamers'.

10. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Actually, I really am starting to believe that some of the developers don't actually play the game they're designing. I don't mean this to be offensive, it's just... it's just very hard to have Draconi make assurances that no one would be getting full loyalty to place houses within the first few days, and then, quite the opposite, people have placed houses on the first and second days of release.

It's really very disappointing. And not because I was planning on placing in Ter Mur. I wasn't. It just sort of displays a disconnect between the expectations of the development team and the reality of the player base.

All of that said, I am thoroughly enjoying SA... it just... yeah... I dunno.

11. shulginist

shulginist Guest

Yep thats where I got my loyalty. Best part was withering that group of slimes and having my greater parked at the other group. Made for some fast loyalty points.

12. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously no one can honestly predict the ability of a power gamer to break down the system and get to the end game the fastest. I've played many different games and each level increase or cap to meet is always thoroughly underestimated by the development team. EQ folks making 10 lvls in 2 days 7 hours, WoW folks doing it in less than a week, when the hopes are that it takes much longer and the content is not burned through leaving people to get bored and move to other games before the next expansion is released. Some people don't care to enjoy the lore or the journey, its about getting the biggest, best first, then usually putting it up for sale, happens in every game on the market.

13. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I already placed the first house in Formosa. But I am disappointed that I cannot place it inside the city wall and need to be outside near the gate ...

Will they open house slot for "inside" the city wall in future? Because I see some empty grass space over there.

14. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I placed the first house on Cats. Did I powergame? Nope. Just wandered killing everything that came near me. Didnt even know about loyalty till last night. And by then I had 8500 points.

15. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, i thought a house placement need 10,000pts...

8,500pts shouldnt be able to place.. isnt it?

16. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Its not hard to imagine they prolly finished off the last 1500 in order to place when the realization set in that they could.

17. Amren

Amren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

In classic WoW and in BC-WoW i'd agree with you. However I think in wrath they got it right.

The 4 major factions could be increased by doing heroic instances and/or daily quests. The only one that required "grinding" was Sons of Hoir, and even that was optional.

UO now has only 1-2 areas to farm rep. Be prepared to wait.

18. popps

popps Always Present

And then when I say that daily CAPs would help the game and the casual players I get jumped on......

19. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

From a psychological view point, a good percentage of "power gamers" are underachievers, who basically conquer these games, to have a sense of achievement, if only in their minds.

Yeah, it's a sad life..........that's why we have them in the online games. It's a public display of ones negative constitution.

20. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, when I realized I could place when I hit 10k points, I went into high gear for killing stuff.

21. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

No one can? I would think the powergamers themselves could, considering that they're out there actually powergaming. Makes it really easy to predict.
    lolwut
    Translation: "I do not particularly enjoy seeing how quickly and efficiently I can move through new content - I prefer to take my time. Other people, however, do enjoy seeing how quickly and efficiently they can move through new content; I.e. their likes and dislikes do not perfectly match my own. This clearly means that they are raving psychopaths; worthless filth; the very epitome of human detritus. They should be swiftly exterminated, as they have no business being upon the same plane of existence as me."