1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Free Item Ideas needed.

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Assia Penryn, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd like to add some freebies to my house design for anyone wandering through. These can be skill, novelties or practical items that can be used by anyone and don't disappear or require maintenance if I'm not online.

I have a full dye tub set. The Trinsic roses, and bandage fountain are ideas I had. I know the stump and mining/gem cart don't have a security setting. I'm not sure if the woodworker's bench can be used by "anyone", but it doesn't have a security setting that I can see.

Does anyone have any other ideas of items that I could work into my decor that other players might find useful?

Thank you for your help *smiles*

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

lock picking setups are popular for skill. rune libraries. the ancestral gravestone that gives a bonus to spirit speak. Cornucopias for food etc.

you're pretty limited as to what you can do for skill.

3. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

Could use the anniversary luck statues [can dye them to match your color scheme].
    Crystal Portals.
    Maybe a teleporter linked to a popular location [Goodman's has a teleporter hub across the road from it run by Andrasta]
    Either of the vet reward Ankhs can be used to rez and lock/unlock karma.
    Ancestral Gravestone for the spirit speak buff.

Not sure if maybe a fish tank could be set to let others take some of the fish?

I know you run vendors, I tend to put little surprises like orange petals, bags of sending etc up for free on varying vendors.
    [You could always grow some orange petals and leave the plants public although they're quite horrid for deco.]
    I also have GM and slayer instruments out for free.

4. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

get the free reagent cat statues too. set them to public.

5. Liquid_Ape

Liquid_Ape Guest

I am pretty sure the 5th year reward Ankh is decorative only. I just tried mine and couldn't do anything with it.

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Maybe one of the "Basket of Herbs" from the Spring Decor collection that adds to cooking skill might work. Given the new fish/cooking stuff, someone might like it.

7. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, you're right.
    I haven't used the normal one in a long time.
    My bad.

8. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks everyone! I'll see if I can work some of those items in to the house.