1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Frenzied Ostard Pack Dmg. Output Question....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Considering trying out a 5 pack of Frenzied on some tougher critters like Unbound EV's etc.. I'd simply tank with my player while the pack nuked the critter hopefully.. Someone confirm that my Dmg Calc's look close ??

Base dmg of a Frenzied is 11 - 17
    STR 170 = 56 DI
    100 Tatics = 68.75 DI
    100 Anatomy = 55 DI
    = 179% DI..
    5 of them is a +100% Dmg MODIFIER the way I read it... So take the AVERAGE dmg to be 14 Base...Then figure your +179% Damage Increase which makes that Average 14 Damage become 14 +( 1.79x14) = 39 Dmg. Now with a pack of 5 the way I read that is that you will do 100% more so that's effectively 78 Base Dmg Swings from all 5 of them (on Average).... Just For example lets say the Unbound EV has 63 physical (on average) So that's 0.37 X 78Dmg = 28.86 Dmg Per HIT... How does Swing speed work with Monsters? I'd assume a base wrestling swing speed of 2.5 Swings / Sec (I've tested this on a wrestling mage even though stratics says it's 2.25 I think.. it's definitely 2.5 for my CHARACTER) So assuming Base swing of 2.5 Sec.. and 125 Stamina = -4 Tics .... 10 Tics - 4 Tics = 6 Tics aka 1.5 Swing Speed... That's How I would guess that they work.. I could crunch overall time to kill with how likely 100 wrestling is to hit the UEV 129 ish wrestling but just wanted to make sure the above is looking correct......

ANYONE... ?
  2. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

Aug 28, 2004
    i use my fully trained pack from time to time when im feeling frisky.
    i took mine in there one day, your numbers look on par for what i was getting.
    guild mate had his dragon on the UEV and i would come in with my pack and let them go buck nutty.
    i would also shoot arrows as im a archer tamer.
    but ya your numbers look right.
    they hit every 1-1.5 seconds.
    only problem i found was that since they where doing more damage then the meat shield from time to time the UEV would retarget and kill off my entire herd.
    you cant vet them fast enough to save them, they are pretty much a one hit kill from a UEV.
    also with so much spawn being around i was getting side spawn target my pack, so what i ended up doing was recalling out after each kill until the dragon had a UEV sectioned off away from everything else, then id gate in my pack and go to work.

i miss the General Invasion.
    that is where the fully trained ozzy packs where the best.
    those generals had a massive HP bank and they didnt re target.
    so you put a greater on them then have the ozzy chainsaw come in and rip them apart.
    its truly amazing the amount of damage a archer with a pack of ozzies can do.
    hell.... i use to use them in PVP years ago, ahhahahah
  3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    For every 30 points of stamina, a pet will swing 0.25s faster than its base swing speed of 2.5s.

Bring a friend/guildmate with Discordance to lower its skills and resists. If your friend/guildmate has either the Peacemaking or Provoking Masteries, even better.

Stayin Alive,

4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 9, 2009
    Overall DPS output, the best "pack damage" pets in the game currently, is the "Leather Wolf" 1/5 slots - per, higher base damage, & they use bleed - crafted via Tinkering (Sadly, there's no way to bond/res these)

But I have done what you're describing, I found it to be faster killing EVs when I had my tamer use a rune beetle & a nightmare though, but I had 3 sampires + disco/tamer, one of the sampires would tank, I belive it took roughly 35-40 seconds per kill. Rune-beetles "Armor Corruption" stacks ontop of discords resistance reduction. so its like an additional -30 to -40 in all resistances.
  5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    The only time I use a pack of Frenzied Ostards, usually, is to kill Vorpal Bunnies. They kill Vorpals so fast. But I don't have room for them in my stable. :(
  6. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 25, 2004
    The Ogre General invasion of Brit was seriously the best - I had so much fun doing that. My WW/Nightmare had no trouble dealing damage & surviving, but I believe it took them a while to kill one. Fortunately, there were lots of people there to beat up on them too, at least in Tram. I wandered over to Fel Brit a few times to fight a few, but it was a nightmare, since nobody was around.

Were there other invasions after that?

As far as Frenzied Ostards in PvP: heh. I ran into them a few times, and I had no idea wtf hit me the first time I died to them. Fortunately, they're a one trick pony and are easy to kill if you haven't been dismounted.