1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Friday night Fishing Tourny

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by NewThunder, Jul 22, 2009.

1. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Seems there will be a fishing contest this friday night at 9 pm EST at the Skara Docks (yes trammel).

2. Annienox

Annienox Guest

do i bring a pole or a net? :p

3. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

I am not sure, just wanted everyone to know, the EM's have the Lanterns lit up for it. I would think just a fishing pole. hehe a white net may be more fun though.

4. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If pole only, then it means a single "class" event only, no?

So I was all ready to b**tch, but then remembered an event not too long ago that I attended and enjoyed - the Archery Tournament:)

So enjoy, Fisher Folk! Bring me back a white pearl:)

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the waters at Skara Brae docks are not deep waters, I don't think, so not certain that tossing a net there would produce anything? of course, with Helios and Tashik around, anything is liable to happen ;)

6. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmmm... maybe we can get the legendary Cloak of Silence there. Wasn't it supposed to be handed out by EM??

I'll see if I still have 60ish Fishing on a ss fragment ...:danceb:

7. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

A event, eh? hmm, me thinks I should log in too participate in this Sayre. :D

8. Amidoty

Amidoty Guest

watch out I'm buying 33.3 fishing skill from NPC now!! your all going down! haha in my dreams. =)

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Got one!!

ok everyone, 17 stones is the weight to beat :)

10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hmm ... it seems like more than a few people took up my challenge (I myself didn't see another large fall all evening).

Wow ... I've been fishing for years, but even my best catch ever wouldn't have placed higher than 3rd tonight.

11. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

aftermath of a fun night!

[​IMG]

EM Helios gathered everyone at Skara docks and sent them into the high seas for an hour to try and land a winning fish. Ships sailed in all directions and upon their return Lady Balantros was declared the winner with a whopper of 197 stones! EM Helios then handed out engraved fishing poles, all colors of the rainbow, to all participants to commemorate the event.

[​IMG]

12. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Looks like I missed another great one! Wife's car decided that today was gonna be its day to blow a gasket.......which resulted in me blowing a gasket.:cursing:

Someday they will make a car....that is not designed for the tinniest of people, with the tinniest of hands.........that won't require a Ph.D in Microphysics to figure tool placement......a car that will not be worthy of my total scorn. Yes I am cheap, yes I do my own mechanic work....always have, but I absolutely hate these new motors.

13. uorichreallifepoor

uorichreallifepoor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

what a great time i had thank you to EM HELIOS.I loved the fishing pole.

14. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

Someday they will make a car....that is not designed for the tinniest of people, with the tinniest of hands.........

Never again will they make cars you are suppose to be able to work on yourself, its all perpetual greed.

15. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Never in the history of man, has a truer statement been made.:thumbsup:

16. MageCruella

MageCruella Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That's why I love Money...and Urza. Hang in guys. The planets are aligned in a bad way.