1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Friend of the Library quest

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by The Doctor, Mar 8, 2010.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Guest

Does anyone have some tips on how best to get the poison sacs needed to complete this quest?

I've had two tries so far, and there are more paragons than speckled scorpions in that desert. This evening, I spent 50 minutes trying to find some, and of the six or so I finally managed to kill, none of them had a poison sac. Searching around as the timer ticked down, I got ganked by a paragon efreet, wyvern and orc mage.

Now, I realise I'm out of practice and so forth, but isn't this a bit hard for a simple library token?
  2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Just an FYI you can collect the poison sacs with any of your chars then transfer them to the char that you want to have the Library access. I found running a mage around seemed easiest, would have flamestrike pre-cast which would down the speckled one's if too many mosters about run off pre-cast invis then run back to corpse to check, then repeat for next speckled guy, faster than trying to clean out all spawn
  3. Banner

Banner Guest

your are right about any character doing the speck sacks I found out the hard way. Now when I need them for one of my characters i use my tamer and dragon.. it's a lot quicker.....
  4. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    get a group of players on your shard together maybe? Just for kicks, I go and protect newer players as they hunt these down from time to time. Get involved in a bigger guild, see if your guild is in an alliance, ask around.