1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Friends List

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Ned888, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Hi all, sorry for the new guy question but here goes:

Is there a friends list in UO Classic or EC? If so, how do I use it?

I searched the forums and I also searched UO.com and neither one has any information that I can find. Since I downloaded the client online, I don't have a manual to reference for this stuff.

Thanks!

Grimshander - Lake Superior

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The game's not designed to keep track of people not in your guild or party.

Guild members you can get a list of (and who's online) by looking at the guild roster.

Party members show up in the party roster (one of the scrolls to the left of the character in the classic client)

There's a feature on some of the 3rd party mapping programs to see non-guild members, but that might be limited to those that are using a special server link for their programs. When those programs could keep note of other people without being signed into map servers, there were usually howls of protest.
    I THINK that some of the ability to track friendlies might be in the EC map (possibly as function of one or more of the fan-made plug-ins).

One of the main reasons why there never was such a system implemented as part of the game is probably the PvP elements not wanting a method where non-allies could see if a group was massing for a spawn (either to start, or to raid). Most guild and alliance situations can be handled via chats, where people will usually sound off if you ask for them. Outside your alliance, if the people you are looking for use the general chat channel, you might be able to contact people that way as well.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

One of the greater problems with such a list within Uo is, that character names are not unique.

4. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Thanks! I've spoken with some folks in game and many use ICQ to keep track of one another online. I think I will go that route.

I appreciate the feedback!