1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Front steps on a customized house?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by gortman, Feb 7, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm just starting my first customized house and have no idea how to modify the default front steps made of stone that go all the way across the south side. I've seen other houses with only partial steps, steps made out of wood, etc. Nothing obvious is jumping out at me when checking the options in the customize house tool.

As my 3-year old daughter would say, "How I do that?"

Thanks!

2. Tetricyde

Tetricyde Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, If you click the "eraser" looking doo-hickey in customize mode.. you can delete all the front steps...

Then if you click the "Miscellaneous" Tab which looks like a stone arch-way button... you will see a button that looks like Stairs... know you gotta find the "external Steps" and there are a few different options you have to choose from...

...Hope this helps.. Good Luck

Tetricyde Of Pacific

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

clicking the stairs on the left side of the menu gives you options for either interior or exterior steps..... they are not, sadly, interchangeable.... for shorter steps inside the house you need to break the large stairs, instructions for that are in a sticky up top

4. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the help. Think I'll be using that eraser a lot!

5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

be aware with customizing that door/teleporter security resets when you commit the change. They will reset to the "everyone" option, so you may need to adjust things to suit.

Also, onnce commited you can change the foundation style somewhat from the house sign.