1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Frostwood!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Rider1000, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Rider1000

Rider1000 Guest

Hi guys! I just gm'd my lumberjacking tonight, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what trees to chop for frostwood.

I plan on using frostwood to supplement my vesper museum donations.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's all random. There isn't a tree type that has frostwood more often than another tree.

3. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

My suggestion....start chopping..seriously. Since its random the more trees you hit the better your chances.
    I Hope you live in a forest.

4. Rider1000

Rider1000 Guest

Man, I've been chopping forever, and no frostwood.

Tons of everything else though. Arrgghh!! lol

5. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I sugest only chopping cypress trees in fel. Not only do you get the fel bonus but the cypress trees tend to have alot more swings in them. Stay away from coasts or any edge part of the jungel as these trees tend to also have less.

As to frost being a goal... welll... Hears the news I chopped about 600,000 plain logs(fel) and not a single lick of frost untill I stoped keeping a record of it. Got some blood and heart bit no frost. Last week I found my 1st frostwood since the resource change 1300 logs! I think Ill keep it for a deco!

6. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

I've never chopped any frostwood and my jacker is older than the new woods. The only frost i've gotten is from an IDOC and the tree stump house addon.

7. Rider1000

Rider1000 Guest

My god, this is looking grim. Thanks for the info fellahs.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

good luck to ya

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol

10. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

I found frostwood about 5mins after my 99.99 point. But then none since.