1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Full screen, windowed or...?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Petra Fyde, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    windowed with 'show window frame' unchecked.

That's the one I use, and it's surprising how much difference it makes on my set up.

Anyone who plays windowed and is experiencing lag I recommend trying this option. It might not make as much difference on your pc as it did on mine, but on the other hand, maybe it will help.
  2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I run windowed with Show Window Frame unchecked as well. Mainly because of my multiple monitor setup, it allows me to get a full-screen style view and retain the ability to jump over to the other monitors without bouncing back and fort between modes.
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I also do not use the window frame when running in windowed mode! Mainly just because i dont like the look and it does seem to help performance
  4. I have the game window stretched across two monitors and have to have the "Show Window Frame" enabled. If I run full screen, I can only have the client on one monitor.
  5. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

You can turn the window frame off and inside the actual Setting file set the game window to stretch across multiple screens if you so wished. Of course there is no actual guarantee that it will help you any, I am not sure it does anything for me aside from it being more visually pleasing. :)
  6. I just got around to making this change to the UserSettings.xml file... it works great! Got rid of the window frame, but running full size without having to run full screen. It did drop the frame stuttering a bit, though no great game changer. I'm just glad I got rid of the window frame across my two monitors. My game window is now a full 1680x1050.

UserSettings.xml in the Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\ folder, under <Graphics> section:
    <Mode window_frame="false" fullscreen="false" />
    <FullScreen width="1680" height="1050" />
    <Windowed width="2960" height="1050" />