1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fully trained dread warhorse...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sir Morder, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is anyone interested in buying one?

2. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Are these dread warhorses that much better than a beetle? Or, are they just rare now?

3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Just the fact that a dread warhorse is ridable makes it better than a beetle imo. Not to mention the magic and the fireball. And of course the dreads are no longer available except by buying them.

4. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

imho, much different than beetle
    dreadhorse can have 2X more hps and str
    for pvp, im not sure, but thats lame anyway

5. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

6. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Whats the skills and stats on this dread warhorse?

7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

598 hp
    125 int
    125 dex
    529 str
    Skills will be GM. Dread warhorses do not use poisoning.

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

id go 1.2 cause id like to have an extra one....

9. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What are the resist sir?

10. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Dreadhorses also have a nice surprise when you say "trick" to them!

Good Luck with the sale, Sir.

*wished they still spawned*

11. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

i just tried to sell one of these with great resists, and didnt get a bid

12. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

resists:
    66 physical
    38 fire
    40 cold
    56 poison
    43 energy
    For anyone thats not familiar with the dread warhorse, and it appears that most aren't, the resists are not what make this pet unique.

13. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

well, besides any inherit attributes or specials like the rune beetle's armor corrupt, or this horses firebreath, the next most important thing to me is the resists of any pet
    the D-warhorse can have max resists, which might not be great compared to some pets, but its low range can be VERY low (20s in a couple), so you can have a pet with 600+ hps, but if it has half the resist that it could have, its going to take SOOOO much more damage per hit, regardless of what pet it is.

14. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Resist plays a key roll in pvp... Now I agree if someone just would like the pet just to say they have one... then no need to worry about the resist...

15. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Dread warhorses are quite simply a beefed up nightmare, for decent sales (on prodo shards) you needed to have High hp 600+ and high mana 140+ coupled with average resists.

I tamed probably close to 100 of these during the invasion was soloing vanguard after vanguard, day after day, made over 2mil in points. (even got a blackrock box!!!)

Also pretty sure i had the first 7xgm Dread on GL shard if not game!

I love my dread mare and i take him everywhere i go...GD's, Bally's all but the toughest of Mobs i will use my dread mare solo on...however, when i know things are going to get tough...out comes the beetle, bake!!!

16. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

1.5 as I want just one :-[]

17. RichDC

RichDC Guest

And just to add a side note these resists are pretty good

Max:75 40 40 60 50

Stats are average

18. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I'm not really sure if you're trying to compare a dread with a rune beetle but the numbers won't lie. Almost twice as much health on a dread and even a godly rune beetle will only have extremely high poison resist. Whereas the dread can have extremely high physical resist. Both creatures spread the damage out but the dreads is just alittle more balanced imo. Both creatures having similar other resist numbers, i feel the dread is a far superior pet due to the fireball, which even at 70 fire resist, is gonna hit at 40+ damage. I've seen my dreads cast buff spells and get over 700 hp's. This is more than some greater drags i've seen and we all know how we love those gtr drags fireball. Think of the dread as a beefed up ridable dragon. No other pet in game even comes close in flexability as the dread imo.

19. RichDC

RichDC Guest

That was kind of my point, but for sheer damage output...you simply CANNOT beat the beetle bake...PVP or PVM you have someone on foot and i doubt even the best tank bush watever could survive!!

Bleed,
    Deadly Poison
    Corrupt Armour
    400+mana dump (beetle)

Rage
    400+mana dump (bake)

thats 5 disruptions going of pretty much simultaneously (cannot confidence mage cast even evasion wont help much)

add into that the fact that all your resistances can be dropped...

You find yourself facing the most deadly fighting force in the whole of uo!!

(add an eval mage and damn!!!)

20. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I must disagree sorry. A bake can also be used with a dread and the dread can be ridden. i can outrun a beetle on foot. kinda hard to outrun a dread when its being ridden and any decent tamer knows how to use a ridable sucessfully.

21. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I see your point,

but well have to agree to disagree :)

As with so much in this game personal preference is going to be the deciding factor. (why i love it!)

22. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Rune bettle & Bake is the deadliest combo in game hands down... The only reason tamers are no longer running them is because Super Dragons have so much HP they get torn apart... If Super Dragon were not in UO every tamer would be back to rune bettle... Thats one thing I do like about Dragons lol No dropping my resist to 0...

23. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I know this wont matter, but a bake can take down a pre tamed GD (i have done on Prod shards)

24. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Sorry but i must disagree again with this too. Rune beetles are only effective when they are meleeing in combat. Sure they cast spells, but they have the same mana pool as the dread (slightly higher eval if you've gotten a good beetle). Both cast with GM magery, so basically both doing nearly the same spell damage output. Don't get too close to a beetle and your fine. Try outrunning a 40-50 damage fireball (similar to grt drag just weaker). And only reason tamers on siege aren't running dread/bake combo is because most tamers don't have dreads. I do. I can start running them if you'd like :)

To Rich: Agreed to disagree :) I like my beetle too and all my other pets as well.

25. RichDC

RichDC Guest

but i must correct this as this is where you are very wrong my friend...

Dread mare max mana less than 200 (159)
    Rune beetle min mana 375

Dread max eval 100
    Rune beetle 125.0

26. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

correct on mana pool. i mistook my beetles stamina for mana. thanks for correcting this.

27. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Run them all you like... I kill Mystical all the tiem solo and he runs one of those stupid things...

28. RichDC

RichDC Guest

A decent mage tamer would easily be able to take down most people with that combo (beetle mare/bake) imho.

The problem is from my short time on siege the only tamers ive seen are naked with maybe a siege blessed EP ring in ninja form...that to me is not a decent pvp mage/tamer.

29. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

these things require taming right?

30. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

A guild member bought a similar one from me that was also fully trained for 2 million. I would consider that guild price. Remember, these are fully trained, ready to fight. Bonding is your option of course. Anyone that trains their pets should know that it usually takes about 1-2 weeks minimum to get pet to maximum skills. These warhorses are no longer spawn in game and can only be had by purchasing them. If i don't like the bid, i have plenty of room in the stables.

31. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

32. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

1-2 Week? 1-2 days... Pet training is simple if you know what you are doing :)

33. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Don't bother posting if ya don't know what ur talkin about thanks.

34. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

You talking to Kage? WELL YOU KNOW WHAT HE'S RIGHT if you know what your doing it only takes 1-2 days 3 if your slacking.

35. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Zing!

36. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Pretty sure after being a tamer here for over 10 years I know what i'm talking about. I've prolly forgotten more about taming than you know about the entire game. Anyways, 3 million minimum.

37. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

LOL if your questioning that your not the tamer you think you are. I myself have been a tamer for 9 1/2 years that was my first character on Lake Superior and i still use this template as of today. I highly doubt you more then i do on how to be a tamer. Sir Morder don't you play a stealth tamer thats the easiest of tamers to play.

38. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Thats funny Sprago i don't remember ever seeing your name but just a couple of years ago. But im sure you played some other character right *winks* Trust me when i say i've been on this shard since '98 and i can count the names of those people that are still active on one hand and yes i've been pvp'ing since '98. Maybe you could show me a picture of you on your polar bear mount or an ethereal cu sidhe and i may believe you have been here 9 1/2 years as you say.

39. RichDC

RichDC Guest

And although i dont ahve the credentials in terms of length of gameplay.

Having one of the first 7xGM dreads i can pretty much ASSURE you that it takes longer than 3 days (even with disco until you max the melee and med then undiscording so they regen mana quicker thus casting more)

It will take a week (7days give or take a day or 2) think the record(unofficial of course) was 4 and a half days (non stop training)

40. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wow some of you don't have a clue do you... Gargoyle pick axe ftw...

41. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

42. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

ROFL. Now tamers have their own version of smack talk...tehawesomes...la

43. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

OMG Kage you're making yourself sound less credible by the post. Every tamer knows to train pets on Shadow ele's. But thats only to train melee skills. LOL. It'd take you a month to train magery that way (i know it's exagerating but still LOL)

44. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No you know exactly how to train the mage skills ect... you take it to a house that has a lot of spawn around it and the pet will sit inside blessing it self... I seen you doing it your self at the fire temple... and you was only there maybe 2 days...

45. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Ah yes...When you paged a GM on me cause you thought i was afk training. You lost then and you lose again here. I was actually there longer than that anyways, but glad to know i have a fan base. Keep watching me, you might actually learn something.

46. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Quick questions, aside from all the training bull****, this was a post about selling a pet.

If you had a 3 million min. Why not post it!

I have had to read pages or crap to see if my bids are high enough!

I wouldn't think such a seasoned vet would waste my time!

Keep your eye on the ball, better post less trash talk!!

BTW KAGE AND SPRAGO ARE CORRECT!

47. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just love the ending :lick:

48. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ya you stayed but the other tamer in the house vanished... :D

49. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

The other tamer in the house gated out :) I should know this because i was the one talking to the GM. Nice chat we had btw. Talked about old times. Anyways, as far as Mook goes, sorry you had to endure a post that was hi-jacked by some wanna-be tamers. This will be the last one you have to read :) I was originally asking if there was anyone interested in buying one fully trained right? Then the post was hi-jacked and turned into a i know this and you don't know that. A couple of us in this post know what we are talkin about, the other ones don't have a clue (tis a shame).
    There's no one interested in buying for the minimum that i've stated. NO SALE. Keep in mind that i have some of the best fully trained war horses on the shard. Prolly gonna sell em to up and coming tamers in Gil anyways.