1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

Fun with Sheep (and a request)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Larisa, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Larisa

Larisa Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership Team
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

So...since I started playing on Siege I am making one warrior and one tailor.

We all know (well, those of us who have tailors anyway) how much cloth it takes to GM tailoring...

SOOOOooo....since I cannot buy cloth off NPC's here I have to do it the old-fashioned way...picking cotton and sheering sheep.

Cotton is fine...5 bales per field times 2....but I hate waiting for the re-spawn, so I go to Yew Sheep Pens, sheer and kill...(sorry sheep fans)

The sheep re-spawn rather quickly and i can gather 65-70 piles of wool in short order.

So....since this is a mind-numbing task I decided to have a little fun....we all know (well, those of us who have gathered wool anyway) that at Yew Sheep Pen there are 6 white sheep and 1 black one...

I decided to see if I could make ALL of the sheep spawn black...kind of takes the edge off the Sheer/Kill...Sheer/Kill.....ZzzZzzZzz...

So anyway 71 piles of wool later (That's all I can carry) I managed to get all but ONE sheep to spawn black! I think Yew Sheep Pen has to have at least one odd sheep in the bunch ;)

Anyway, on to my request @Kyronix
    Cotton, when spun, produces spools of thread, which stack quite nicely in my backpack...

Wool, when spun, produces balls of yarn, which do NOT stack quite nicely in my backpack...

yarnMess.jpg

So after spinning 30 piles of wool, I now have to take each individual stack of 3 balls of yarn and put it into a container so they stack...

Is there any way that you can make them stack inside your pack as your spinning? PLEASE??? bats eyes

Spiffykeen, Tjalle, Jovi and 6 others like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Please pretty please!

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Larisa, if you have your wool-collector start the quest with Laifem the Weaver in Ter Mur, you'll also get "Britannian Wool" when you shear the sheep.

Kirthag likes this.
  5. Spartan

Spartan Seasoned Veteran

@Larisa - if using CC and UO Assist, setup an organizer bag. Add the yarn to it and kick-start the organizer. One stack of yarn right quick.

And I too like using the Yew pens as the wool-gathering spot!

6. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Sage

I hate collecting to make aids, can go through a lot and never ending collecting lol. oh well. i should of made a mage lol

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

WorkingParry.jpg

Just don't get too much fun out of the sheep.....

[​IMG]

8. cazador

cazador Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I thought with ROT you don't need to macro stuff like that. Just make a few items every X amount of minutes.

9. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Gotta get to Rot though . . .