1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fund Raising

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by Kyronix, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Implementing the public portion of the original concept was not feasible given the time available. We touched on it briefly during the last hangout, but with Pub 86 a new way of raising money for the city will be available with the ability to run trade orders (kind of like fishing quests on land)
    With Pub 86 we'll be introducing a new method of funding the cities in the form of trade orders. Trade orders will allow players to deliver goods between cities in exchange for resources and other rewards for themselves, as well as monies for the city treasury.

Adding public use functionality to the new announcement boards wasn't feasible given the time available to complete that task. Opening anything like that up to the public requires many checks and balances, and doing it with the way our gumps work is even more challenging. The primary goal was to give Governors something town crier-esque without adding unnecessary spam. The announcement boards are that. As I stated elsewhere, I do think we need better in game methods of communication, but please understand that this is by no means a simple task nor is it a top priority given that we've all been successfully communicating and organizing with one another for nearly 17 years in the absence of such a tool. That being said, it's still on my wishlist along with more direct ways of advertising the goings on within the realm.

As far as stats, it's something we can look into for a future update to the city stones.