1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Furniture Dye Tub

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Gidge, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Has it ever been requested to be able to dye furniture that is locked down in our own homes? I have gained the urge to change the color/theme of one of my homes and the containers are well... heavy and I want to undye them and it wants me to have it in my backpack. I guess they took it away from us to keep from griefing people, but if they made it only for home/co-owners to do this would be great! Some items took a long time to get into their spots and dying from a distance would be nice also. I had no issues dying a pile of pillows in a corner but that was with the special and regular dye tub of course.

Lucky Luke likes this.
  2. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

You can, I just double checked. I actually have two furniture dye tubs, one that I keep locked down with all the rest of my tubs and one that I can carry around in my pack whenever I am changing a color scheme in my house. Have the dye tub in your backpack, double click on it and target the piece of furniture which is locked down.

I just colored a secured chest that way just to make sure.

edit: Around Christmas time I dye all of the furniture in my houses red and green. It goes pretty quick.

Lucky Luke likes this.
  3. Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Guardian's Of Valor

I had no idea you could and I never tried haha ;) Good to know!

4. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yup. Totally can. Allows you to change up decor if you want.

5. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I got the message that "it must be in your backpack to dye it" and now I can't remember what it was! ah well. I have matching furniture now! (at least in UO) :)

Tomarke and Keith of Sonoma like this.