1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzy/blurry/headachey graphics help?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Teeshy, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

I really *want* to try this new client (have to start out with that!) So bad in fact that I have just finished downloading it on our dialup connection =P (actually, I had 7 megs left to download this afternoon when our new mobile broadband arrived - so I finished the last 7 megs REALLY fast! =D)

So, I know someone at some point posted some tweaks to help things not be quite so blurry with the movement and so forth - but I can't find them, so hoping someone else knows where they are =)

To try and explain what my problem is, as I'm moving, the trees and such that are kinda in the background (or more towards the edge of the screen - away from my character) are all too blurry for me, tey end up looking fuzzy? Like static on a bad tv reception? - it's an *instant* headache for me

Hoping someone knows the post I remember reading, would just like to try this properly =)

Thanks in advance!
  2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    it will never be as clear or as smooth as kr :(
  3. Fink

Fink Guest

Have you tried enabling V-Sync?
  4. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

I did after I read your post =) Improved it a bit too - thanks!

I also found this post that seemed like it should help too, but the settings didnt seem to "stick"
  5. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 12, 2005
    Make sure you have the latest Directx updates. These NO LONGER appear in the Windows update, therefore, you must visit microsoft.com and look for directx (usually right on the main page somewhere), and download the updater.
    When you install this updater, it then searches for what updates your computer needs.
    I had someone do this and it fixed them right up!

Also get the latest graphics drivers for your card. Nvidia.com or AMD.com (most popular). They have tools on there that will find what you need.
    Updating these will give great results.

If you have integrated graphics, I've noticed Enhanced client runs slow.
  6. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    It is a known and wanted step, to incerease performance and stability. First when it came out we get UOSA on higher settings, now the devs have reduced it to see what happend, i would say.

This would change in further publishes, i hope, it will ...