1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(FYI) Don't lock down canon balls nor put them into backpacks of vendors!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by athos_uo, Oct 16, 2010.

1. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think you all know about this bug through posts here, but I'd like to share this from EA Japan official site:

- Please don't lock down canon balls(light or heavy) or grapeshots(light or heavy) in your house( including locking down them through putting them into containers which are locked down )
    - Don't putting canon balls or grapeshots into backpacks of vendors,
    or you will lose the canon balls or grapeshots.

EA Japan officail site

2. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

By the way, folks, the text behind this link is in Japanese, so unless you read Japanese, don't bother going to it.

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Love how they get a warning on their site, and we get...nothing.

Great CS Mythic, keep up that low standard! :thumbup1:

4. Babble

Babble Guest

What is a bug for japanese players is a feature for us!
    :p

5. Terrorknight

Terrorknight Guest

Any news on a fix for this? I lost some cannon balls on a vendor, guess I read this post to late.

6. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

put em in commodity deeds to sell on vendors works fine on GL for me like that

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

To return to the actual topic.

Why must we not put cannon balls on vendors? I have 10 bags each with 10 cannon balls sitting happily on my vendor. I'm totally puzzled tbh.

8. Babble

Babble Guest

Because they might disappear/decay there.

9. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Put them in the main pack by themselves. They can't be sold and some people haven't been able to take them off their vendor.

Cannon balls also can't be locked down in your house for some reason, making it hard to display the magic reward ones.

You also cannot seem to trade most cannon supplies from player to player, at least not while on ship.

The way around the cannon ball and supply weirdness is to put them in commodity deeds. They appear to work just fine on vendors and for trades then.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

ah.
    I discovered they wouldn't hold a price and couldn't be sold, but that's something we've encountered before, so I just used the same work around, put them in bags. They've been there around 24 hours and I know they can be sold because I bought one bag myself with our other account.

11. athos_uo

Stratics Veteran

EA Japan official site doesn't describe conditions under which cannonballs disappear. It stands only: "If you put cannonballs into backpack of vendors, you might lose those items."

I guess that there might be some other conditions, but I don't know about them now, because EA Japan doesn't mention those conditions.

12. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've noticed that powdered charges cannot be traded to my character, same issue with the cannonballs. The items disappear from the trade window.

13. Allicio

Allicio Guest

I think the issue with trading to other characters is actually an issue with weight rather than anything else. I have had the same problem i went to trade 100 to another char and if u watch the weight it adds 1000 to the weight on the split so instead of trading 100 weight its trading 1100.

14. athos_uo

Stratics Veteran

I have asked EA Japan on twitter, if there are other conditions for disappearance of cannonballs on vendors, but could get no reply.