1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gadgetry Table Golems

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Poo, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Gadgetry Table Golems are a different color then normal ones.
    i didnt know this.

interesting.

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They also share a damage absorption pool, similar to the old pre-aos golems.

some things will kill you before the golem, even if you don't actually take the hits yourself. It's interesting that it has this mechanic.

3. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They also have the same ridiculous 20-30 second Repair cooldown that normal Golems have, making them pretty much useless for hunting even mid level stuff. Even a fully trained GM Tinkering Advanced Golem with GM Anat takes awhile to kill a High Plains Boura, and sustains quite a bit of damage to itself as well.

The two major problems with the usefulness of any Golem, is the Repair cooldown timer being too long, and the fact that they can't bond, making training them pretty much pointless, and making hauling them around a pain in the ass, since you have to gate them everywhere.

Olahorand likes this.
  4. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can move em with the log out and in trick. I know it sucks but its an option

5. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

They are virtually worthless to use in any worthwhile situations.

They also die really quick if they can't "see" you.

6. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, i remember that. I remember when Golems were actually pretty nasty for anything other than an Archer. Warrior's didn't want to fight them because of their decent damage and Colossal Blow stuns. Mages didn't want to fight them because of the Golem's insanely high Resist skill, which could reduce direct damage spells back then, making a FS do only 4 damage to them. Tamers didn't want to mess with them because Colossal Blows did a crapton of damage to any sort of pet. Only Archers had an easy time with them.