1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gaining Stealth?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Brgers, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Brgers

Brgers Guest

I've tried newbie clothe, a robe, etc... at 26.5 and im stuck. Can't even GGS

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

What's your hiding?....also you can try this....if you have a customizable house, make a teleporter "treadmill". Meaning put one pad at one end of a room the other directly across at the other end. Then while walking from one to the other click the left mouse button while holding the right you should be able to let go of the mouse and it keep walking. This way you have an infinite straight line to walk and all you gotta do is keep hitting the hide button.

Also I'm not sure but at low levels you might have to manually activate the stealth skill instead of it automatically starting up when you go to take a step. At your skill though you should be wearing nothing but clothing and be fine.

3. Brgers

Brgers Guest

It's 100 hiding, i've worked stealth up so many times in the past. It's just not moving right now.

4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

what i did on my stealth is auto follow an animal hidden.
    took me about 3 days around 2 hours a day to gm.

i used a hind in a low populated area.
    i did it attended, also at the same time i was pushing the hide button, so i gained both skills.

5. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

go to a moon gate and hop around. that way you don't have to wait on the hiding timer and you can stealth a lot more. just put on different armor as you gain skill. more non med plate pieces as you go.

6. Rifanil

Rifanil Guest

Just came back to the game after a long absence and I'm trying to gain stealth on a character on Siege. Gains were good for a while, but I'm stuck at 25.3 right now. When I try to stealth, either by using the skill or moving, I get the message "You cannot use this ability while mounted." But I'm not mounted. I've tried mounting and dismounting, thinking something might be stuck, I've taken everything off, an died. Still get the message. I don't believe there are any spells in effect on the char right now.

Any thoughts?

7. ShadowJack

ShadowJack Guest

try buying it past where you are at, can't you get it to low 30's from thief gm, or ninja or something?

8. Rifanil

Rifanil Guest

Hey Shadowjack, thanks for the response.

Can't buy skills up on Siege - at least I don't think I can. And the toon is red, so the
    townsfolk aren't generally very helpful :)

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the 'mounted' message is a known bug, should be fixed soon I think.

You're right about buying skills on Siege, can't do it. Best I can suggest is get a couple of jewels to boost you past the block. There's a couple of good skill jewellery sellers around. Jasmine's near Safehaven, Necessity shop West side of Yew gate and H&H gift shop just south of the West Vesper Bridge.

10. Rifanil

Rifanil Guest

Thanks Petra. I think there was a stealth gain bug on Siege around the time I stopped actively playing - feels like home now :)

And thanks for the shop pointers - I'm pretty sure I've visited all but the shop in SaveHaven. I'll make my way there in the next couple days.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you could also consider temporarily getting a little ninja. Ninja animal forms rabbit and rat give a boost to stealth and take 0 skill to cast, just need the spell book in your pack.