1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaining Tactics with Archery

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by degamra, Nov 10, 2008.

1. degamra

degamra Guest

This seems like a dumb question but I haven't found any conclusive evidence that Tactics should be harder to raise than combat skills.

I haven't played a melee in a long time, let alone on Siege, but I don't remember Tactics being such a pain to raise.

I've got 40 dex, 45 Tactics, and 55 Archery. The things I was gaining on at 45 with Archery aren't helping Tactics. In fact, the only things I really gain off of are grey NPCs. What people are suggesting I kill for "x-x weapon skill: kill x" aren't matching up with Tactics.

Anyone got any suggestions for leveling out my Archery/Tactics? Or should I try fighting with a weapon and 0 corresponding weapon skill for the Tactics check?
  2. Goron

Goron Guest

Ugh... tactics is a pain in the arse...
  3. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

You've gotta fight things with tactics that's about equal to yours to gain. At that level, I think you want to fight skeletons. The gap between Covetous levels 2 and 3 is a great place to find them. Otherwise cemetaries, but be careful, Krystal is haunting those places.

Check the stratics hunters guide to make sure that the critters you are fighting are within +/- 20 skill points in tactics of your tactics and you should gain fairly well.