1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Game closing to desktop

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Blood Ghoul, May 19, 2012.

1. Blood Ghoul

Anyone else been having this issue lately? Over the past week or so my client will just close for no reason. I haven't done/added anything to my computer. Its been happening every 20 minutes or so for the past week.

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I haven't had that issue in awhile. It could be a video driver problem. I'd check and see if there's an updated driver available. Do you know what you have?

3. Izzy MBC

Izzy MBC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is ridiculously obscure, but I remember once-upon-a-time DEP used to mess with Ultima Online (I'm pretty sure CTD was the result) until I made it an exception. It appears on my existing OS installation I don't have any exceptions listed, so maybe a Windows Update made it a bit smarter at some point preventing the need to list regular Games/Applications.

Windows 7 Instruction : My Computer -> System Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Performance Settings -> Data Execution Prevention : Where you can manually add UO as an exception subject to Data Examination.

Strange that no longer gets in the way though, in the end I had about 6 Applications listed as exceptions because it prevented them from operating properly; DEP thinking they were doing something harmful. Although my last OS HDD did suffer a mechanical failure ages ago (R.I.P. 2nd Minecraft Map), so maybe since then a Windows Patch fixed the whole DEP interference issue...

Ludes likes this.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have noticed lately that if I try to look at more than 6 vendors packs at the same time it will crash my client.... also noticed that I've been having crash issues when I recall back home as well sometimes.

5. Blood Ghoul

I am sure my driver is out of date..I will try that first

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I only have the problem sometimes, when I changes char/account. It started after I got Windows 7 so I will try the setting for Data Execution Prevention

7. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not as bad as it was, but still happens to me as well.. usually right after recalling home.

Gonna look at that DEP thing as well.
    Thanks Izzy..