1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Game Crashed In Dungen can not log back in

Discussion in 'UHall' started by twoburntfouryou, Sep 17, 2009.

1. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was running threw the new dungen and the game crashed tried logging back in got threw to what shard you want "Legends" and it keeps crashing. Says send error report. I can log into all other shards but not mine where it crashed on Legends???? Can anyone help :mad:

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Enhanced client? Need to patch maybe.

3. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

Actually it goes threw all the way to my char's name then crashes again. I got the last patch fine unless there was one tonight? Just weird can play all other shards but not my main shrad where it crashed while running threw the new dungen.:cursing:

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Log onto another shard and page a GM. It sounds like you are "black-holed" and if so, a GM will have to move your character to another location for you to be able to log in. Hopefully, your page will be handled as fast as my last one (under 1 minute).

5. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

sitting on alt waiting 19th in queue:sleep2::sleep2: so my guess is it will be a long wait. Thanks for the reply hope it works.

6. ugh that term brings back bad memories of AoS sad to see its back in some form or another in this expansion.

7. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

I got a message answer did what it said and it did not help:mad:so I guess I will have to wait till morning and call them. Oh when I try to log in with another char on the same shard says I have a char still logged in another world ....something like that. Same as when you log out and have to wait but with this it just crashes and I get that box to send in error report . I really do not think microsoft will help.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This can also happen if your character's profile gets corrupted.

If you keep crashing after a couple of attempts, try navigating down from your documents folder -> EA Games -> Ultima Online Stygian Abyss -> User Data -> (account name) -> (shard name), then renaming the profile for that character and see if you can get in.

( if this then allows you to log in then at least it confirms its something in that file and not on the server; sometimes you can then drill through the XML file you backed up and figure out exactly what's broken, but that depends on your comfort level playing around with these files, otherwise you have to go through and set up your UI for that character over again )

9. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

Wow all that flew over my head. Its early.I think I need to call them. I really do not understand it at all why I can log on to any other shard but not my own.

10. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

All he said is basically: rename that Character File in your UO Folder in My Documents (Ie: If you are trying to log in under "Crusher" lets say, rename that Character folder to Crusher1". That way if it is a corrupt character file that is in there causing you to crash each time you try & log in, this will alleviate that problem since the file will not be seen & promptly make a new one on its own that is non corrupt.

11. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

:thumbup: Thank You sooooooooooo much I did it and it worked. Hubby is very happy to and says thanks he knows how crabby I get when something comes between me and my computer .

12. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You are so very welcome :thumbsup:.