1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Game keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Project: Gorgon Discussion Hall' started by Verrick, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Verrick

Verrick Visitor

Im having a problem the game will freeze and it say's not responding usually other games i play stop and i continue to play but this game just won't ufreeze.

2. Cramit

Cramit Adventurer

I must admit I have not had this problem. However, I know the game gets installed to the appdata directory, which is a hidden directory in c:\users\<username>\appdata . With this being the case it could easily be a anti-virus doing a scan on a file and locking it or something of the like. (ie spyware software, antivirus, any type of security software) I know for a fact, the Cryptolocker virus, typically infects this area, so a lot of virus/spyware watch it quite closely.

I would suggest checking the recent patch notes, I believe one of them stated the exact location of the directory and setting that directory to your exceptions list for any real-time antivirus or spyware software. I believe it is something like the following:

C:\users\<username>\appdata\locallow\projectgorgon\

Not sure, but you should be able to find it through the patch notes or this forum. If you don't have any real-time scanning software then I would run some scans and see if either something infected the directory or if one of the files was deleted/corrupted or something of the sort.