1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Game Masters are real!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Giggles, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

So, there has been rumors lately of GM's being active again. Well I come to you all today with solid evidence to this rumor.... GM's are back! GM Chernabog was a lot of fun tonight on lake Superior. He popped in on us during some Yew gate fighting, and later in the evening he was talking to everyone in general chat.

Then after all that, I went to Napa and paged to have a bugged EM item fixed.. and within 5 minutes here comes GM Chernabog to save the day!

Anyways, I figured I would give him some props, and it is great to see GM's interacting with the community again. Here's a little recording I figured I would upload for all the nay sayers :lick:

Conleth, RoseBlue, Lord Frodo and 6 others like this.
  2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

lol @ "do something cool"
    Nerds.
    Bad boys bad boys gonna be stuck in my head foreva

Giggles likes this.
  3. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wish one had answered my page before the items that fell under my floor decayed.

4. Theron

Theron Sage

I can't get the music out of my head already.....THX A LOT! :p

Giggles likes this.
  5. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

I had a visit from GM Chernabog on my home shard after having a problem on TC1 the day before. I felt very special, but most of all very happy that we have GM(s) that do show up. He/she was very pleasant and wanted to know if my problem had been fixed and we chatted for a bit. If this happened more often to more players, you wouldn't hear all the flak you hear now about GM's.

I will say however that I have had excellent response from GM's over the years, yes, I've had the few times with no response but way overpowered by the GM requests that were answered timely. I believe that a lot of the unanswered requests are because they are not worded so that the GM's understand the problem. Be concise, be clear, be brief is my advice. Who, what, when, where, how. Rant and rave and I guarantee you it's not going to be answered.

Giggles and Captn Norrington like this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I saw a GM awhile back when I was working up my honestly turning in "lost" items. I had reported one that was "stuck" somewhere that couldn't be reached... asked to have it moved.... I reported the co-ordinates waited a bit.. but then after 20 min of using the rowboat to maneuver around awhile finally managed to get off the rowboat and land on the item in question... So I tried then to "delete" my help request to no avail... so I moved on....

About 20 min later as I'm running through the countryside looking for lost items a GM drops right in my path.. and I was like OOO!!!! And he said "*pants* man you are hard to catch up with!" To which I replied, "Oh! A God! Scared the daylights outta me... but hehe funny that's the same thing Kyronix said to me recently."

I don't sit still for long. But I explained to him that I did finally get the item though it was more work than it was worth... but thanked him for his effort to assist me and apologized for not being able to properly cancel the help request. He was very nice.

Parnoc likes this.
  7. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Strange you should mention that, somehow I had and have the feeling that GM Chernabog has a little secret he's keepin' to himself.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well my characters always think of GM's and DEVs as Gods. What else would he think ..... they have godlike powers.

Though I will say with my pc and connection I do think it probably is hard to catch up with me when it's working good and not lagging. That's my PvP style.... Legendary runner.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  9. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

GM or Dev makes no matter to me. I'm just really REALLY happy to see official interaction like this during normal game play. Its one of the things the game has been needing for long while.

Someone told me they were on atl the other day, and in general chat was some standard pvp smack talk. A GM entered general chat and said, "So can I join in the trashtalking fun?". Then as it was told to me, the smack talking stopped lol.

Good stuff!

10. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

People *say* they've seen them...

bigfoot_skullc.jpg

Conleth and Giggles like this.
  11. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah

we had something really strange happen I can't seem to figure out how it happened.

We where doing a corgul yesterday. Before the corgul I handed a friend a bag of items from a shard transfer using a different account. He failed to put them away. He died at the corgul. The bag of items some how ended up in my backpack (which I was the captain of the ship of that makes any difference.)
    I didn't loot it off any body.

It was lucky for him he got his stuff back but I have no idea how it got into my bag.

If it was an EM or GM that did it. Thank you

#11 Ox AO, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015