1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Game mechanic question (luck)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Duncan Drake, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok I´ve already posted this in the Warrior Forum. Maybe someone knows the answer here:

I have two sampire suits. One normal (damage) and one luck suit. When does a characters luck apply? When the crature dies or do I have to fight one monster with my luck suit from the beginning / do a certain amount of damage?

I´m asking because fighting UEV´s it goes much faster with a damage suit on and switching to luck suit for the last couple of hits until it dies

2. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If loot is calculated on Luck it will have to calculated when the Mob dies

3. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I hope so. Switching to my 2050 Luck suit (+1000 perfection, +600 statue) and doing the last few hits should give nice results then.

4. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It's always been hearsay that luck is applied prior to popping the corpse open. So one could slay a beast, switch suits then open the corpse and enjoy the fruits of labor.

This is only hearsay I've heard since ML though.

5. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I would have to search hundreds if not thousands of posts to find but I remember a couple devs once covering this and stating that it is calculated upon death of the creature. So you would need to switch out to your suit right before you slay it, assuming you are doing it solo. However if you are in a group, the top attacker's luck is what affects the loot, so only switch to your luck suit if you are sure you are the top attacker. That is just one more good feature of Pinco's UI, it tells me how much damage im dealing total, if im in a group of three for example i can then make a best guess based on my damage if i am the top attacker or not and switch suits before we slay the creature.

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1- loot is generated at the death of the creature. You would need to switch your suit just before it's death.
    2- it is not the top attackers score anymore. It used to be, then it was changed.

7. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Luck has always been this mystical property that no one knows how it works in UO.

Though, i guess that adds some realism to the property...

Lord Frodo and legendsguy like this.
  8. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Taken from UO.com (although we know how often that gets updated):

#8 cdavbar, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013