1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Game Time Codes

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kage, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Cybernickel is no longer doing them. Is anyone else out there interested in trying to do this? I know Elfstone has done it in the past.

So if anyone out there can get them I am paying 3 mill for 30 day codes.

2. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I'd buy 2 a month minimum, if someone was wondering what the market is like for these.

Maybe if we get people to post that they would be interested in them, it'd help motivate someone to do it.

3. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I do not wish to be banned for my comments on this subject, so let me try to avoid the mod fury while shedding some light on my suspending sales of GTCs.

There is a strong demand for GTC on both Siege & Prod shards. Currently there is a very LOW demand for the gold used to purchase the GTCs. In the last 7 weeks, I have "rotated" 10 mils on Siege. I sell over 30 codes a month on Siege alone. Do the math, it's not good.

I have tweaked rates to help the situation but to no avail. This is not just a Siege issue, but is magnified on Siege do to the lower population of Siege players as compared to other shards.

I fully understand the impact this has on alot of the Siege player base. There are many who claim that the sale of items for real money has damaged the game itself. And maybe they are correct. Maybe the game is coming back into line as they wish, but there will be a impact on the player base if no one sells codes.

Does EA still sell codes, yes. Why? Many do not have access to credit cards to play the game. They know how the codes are moved and understand why it is so. Have codes been abused, I am sure they have. Are 100% of all code sales used for accounts violating the TOS, Nope. There are many who simply do not have the means to purchase directly from EA.

I am not a full time online game broker. I have an awesome management job with a power company in my local community. It pays the bills, feeds my family, provides a wonderful home and as of August, will help to provide for my oldest child enter the college scene. Why do I do the broker thing? It's a great way for me to relax from the day to day grind of my RL job. It's a hobby I enjoy and yes, as I have stated many times, takes care of my golf habit.

I do hope this is post is not removed or lead to my banning from stratics, but I felt I needed to give some input to my decision.

4. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I too have stopped selling codes do to the price increase and my Siege Perilous supplier's lack of merchandise .
    Also the demand for Siege Gold has dropped too as Cybernickel pointed out.

Unfortunately this will affect the players that do not have a Debit/Credit card
    but their is alternative measures that can be utilized.
    For a small fee you can buy a prepaid credit card to purchase
    from UO, thats how I have been doing it for years.

However , I will try to get more Game codes to sell for in Game gold .

5. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well if you are able to get more codes I would be willing to go from the normal 3 mill up to 4 mill for a code sire. Keep me updated thanks.

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I usually buy game time codes for Siege gold, as well.

7. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

8. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran