1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] game window shrunk, and can't get it back

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by imperterritus, Jan 8, 2010.

1. I've been running the enhanced client for several months now (since Styggian Abyss went public). Just a few minutes ago I happened to click the outer edge of the game window, and its width shrunk to about 2/3 of my HD screen. Now it won't drag any wider, and hitting the maximize icon doesnt make it much wider. I quit the game and restarted several times, and the problem persists.

Does anyone know what happened, and how to fix it?
  2. Rebooting my computer let me resize the game window normally again. :)

I'd still like to know what happened in the first place, and if there is a fix shy of rebooting.
  3. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    In times of Windows 7 and Windows Vista rebooting isn't necessary anymore ;)
  4. ... um, my computer is running Vista; it had it when purchased a couple of years ago. I agree with you that rebooting shouldn't be necessary, but once in a while it still is.

I'm guessing some system variable stored in memory got set to the wrong value, and rebooting the computer reset or cleared this variable.