1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gamebreaking bug since last patch?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Miriandel, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi all,

It seems dynamic objects do not highlight anymore after some actions sequence I can't reproduce precisely.

Here is what I do, as a hardcore gardener:
    1° Open 10 plants gumps and apply water/poisons
    2° Move 3 steps
    2° Try to open more gumps and I can't get the plants to highlight anymore... or sometimes I can.

If moving a bit farther, the dynamic objects may hightlight or not, and if they do they again don't hightlight for no reason.

Needless to say, having to close and re-open the client twenty times for my daily gardening session is completely impossible.

2. Yeah i noticed the same thing too, some creatures i can't target or when i mouse over things some don't highlight either...

3. I use Copper enhanced mod, so I just tried the default ui and it seems everything works with highlighting objects again. Might need a Copper fix.
    And geeze the default ui is ugly.....been awile since i used it.

Well after using the default ui for bout 1/2 hour started to notice some lag and things aren't highlighting too...

4. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

I found a workaround to this bug: change display from EC containers to legacy containers (I have a macro which does that, so it's easy) and objects hightlight again.

It would be nice to know if the dev in charge is aware of this though.

5. Cool thnx! Gota give that a try, seems like the problem is getting worse, lots of lag too....but man do those legacy containers suck when u have a almost full pack!

6. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

The bug is still there, nobody seems to care...

The easiest workaround I found so far is simply moving an item around in my backpack, but dear is this annoying!

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't even move the item. I just highlight over something in my backpack and it works again.

8. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Even better, just move your cursor over your backpack, you don't even have to stop long enough to actually make a mouseover appear.

It's definitely annoying, but no gamebreaker imo.

9. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Good to know that trick. I used to solve it by going into the options and switching the Tooltips off and back on.

Well, one more bug that probably will never be solved.