1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Garden beds

Discussion in 'UHall' started by StealYourFace, Jan 12, 2015.

1. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I would like to see a harvest all option for these. It takes 20 clicks per plant to to harvest. 10 years ago I could do this no problem but now I get cramps in my hands and dread when it's time to get my seeds.

Odin of LS, Endrik and Riyana like this.
  2. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Pinco's UI Beta 7 has this function. 2 Actions, Harvest Seeds & Harvest Resources. Works great.

BeaIank and Xanthril of LA like this.
  3. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I assume that the 20 clicks still have to be made, but Pinco does it for you... Is that correct?
    If so, then it would still be nice if the dev's would eliminate about 18 of them... I love raising plants in them, especially for Seeds of Renewal, so I've got quite a few over more than one account. Those 20 clicks per plant at harvest are sooooooo unnecessary....

#3 startle, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    BeaIank, Troop_Gil and Endrik like this.
  4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

How do I find this? I just saw your post and went to harvest but got the normal gump. Do I need to turn it on or something?

5. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Pull up the Actions Menu, there are two Actions you can put on a bar, one for Gather Seeds and the other for Gather Resources and they are under the Item/Abilities tab. You double click the plant to get the gump open, hit the Gather Resources key once and it takes all 8 of the resources out, then hit the key for Gather Seeds and it takes all the seeds out. So one double click to open the plant and hit 2 keys to get all the seeds and resources.

DJAd likes this.
  6. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

also the damn purple pedal plant...rose of trin .. 10 double clicks to get your 10 pedals... a day.. omfg why.......

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That mining carts, Gem carts, Tree Stumps, the Sheep Statues, etc.... all click happy. Cat Statues and the Coffee plants need to be updated to be like the others. They should hold 10 charges... they ought to hold more than one type of item... in regards to the Cat Statue.... etc...

startle and Keith of Sonoma like this.
  8. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

There is a cat statue that gives a resource??

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes it gives regs. One type in a minute amount I believe daily... and until you take that one out it will never produce more.

10. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Oh, that thing. I always thought it was a Buddha. I'll have to look again.

11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you so much! I must of overlooked this before. Just tried it out and it works great!

12. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

you know, one of my guildmates (old grumpy moderator from the Assassins forum - Quenchant) showed me this with the classic client and it has saved me a lot of time over the years.
    pick one lesser used character as your resource gatherer.
    use your uoassits (im assuming most of us who have CC have it)
    and count resources (of course)
    then make a macro to harvest up a plant.
    so dd click the plant, then click the resource button, then collect the seeds then collect the resources it gives, then click empty the pot and confirm.
    then stop recording our macro.

now, as most of you know that macro will only work for that plant and now that its gone that macro is useless to us....
    or is it.....
    set that macro to a hotkey.
    then hit the hotkey and double click any plant in the plant bed, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM it just flies through the plant and gathers everything and then kills the plant off.
    hit your hotkey, double click the next plant BOOM BOOM BOOM (you get the idea)

so ya, that cuts that down to clicking one button and clicking a plant and your done.
    same goes for the flowers of trinsic and the grapevines.

cut my collection resources down from a hour of clicking to minutes.

obeeee, Gidge, startle and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I was gonna post the same thing. I have a UOassist macro to pluck my plants :) I recorded mine by opening the plant then start record, then do everything and empty the pot, then stop. Then set it to what ever key then every plant you open just hit your macro. :) It takes it just a bit to start them then fwoop! UOassist. Best money I ever spent and still helping me after all these years.

14. Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Guardian's Of Valor

How religion wars are started... hehe

15. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I just had the chance to try this today. Great time saver, needs to be stickied in the botany forum.

16. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I need a lot of plants at the moment and are growing many in pots also. OMG pot growing sucks so bad lol. Gotta add potions to them and check them everyday and all that. I really appreciate my garden beds now with their warts and all.

...Oh boy... said "pot growing" ;)

17. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

At least you didn't post it at 4:20 . . .

Capt. Lucky likes this.