1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] gardener's toolbox

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by gelcaps, Feb 20, 2010.

1. gelcaps

gelcaps Guest

what has happened to the gardener's toolbox??

2. they removed it temporarily, to fix a bug.

soon it will appear again.

3. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It better reappear somewhere easier to get to... I've got dozens of boxes full of unstacked seeds and I'm waiting to clear out all those precious lockdowns!

4. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

K Still looking for the Gardener's Toolbox....any ideas?

5. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Poppies dust doesn't work for your situation?

When poppies dust came out, any single unstackable seeds I grew so as to replace them with stackable seeds.

Sometimes I end up with two stacks of named seeds now...seeds with the names that have not had poppies dust used on them and seeds with the names that have had poppies dust used on them. I let this go for awhile till I want to combine the stacks and just use poppies dust on the one stack, so they will combine.

6. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

K I'll give that a try...thanks (but still they need to get the thing put back up so we can use it!)

7. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, there is no way I'm spending that much time or gold on poppy dust to identify all my old seeds. I've been growing them but it's slow, as I backpack garden. I don't log in every day so I can't just lock down a lot of plants, and backpack gardening is limited to the plants I can arrange to be visible in my gardener's pack. I was hoping to avoid the work of poppy dust, too... I know what most of the seeds are, even if they're not labeled. The issue is them not stacking! *stomps on ground and throws seeds at the devs*

8. Shadawulf65

Shadawulf65 Guest

I say AMEN to that! I've played off and on since beta, and seeing all the changes that have been made to gardening I am thinking I may be getting back to one of my 'on' periods... I have an entire house that's just stuffed full of seeds and plants, I'd love to start getting back into gardening for again. This gardener's toolbox seems like a great thing (still trying to figure out why it wasn't placed in the naturalists shop in Brit), I've spent the last few weeks running back and forth to Nujelm looking for it... how about it Dev's, any word at all on when this may get fixxed? I really need it bad!

9. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

According to the notes, it's coming back with the new publish.

10. Shadawulf65

Shadawulf65 Guest

*bows down to the UO gods in thanks*

All hail the mighty Devs!!

Thank you for fixing the toolbox, I just freed up half the space in my gardening house... though I have not activly gardened since before SE... I have still maintained one of our houses as storage for seeds and plants thinking I may get back into it some day. Now that I have stacked all those seeds I just may do that seeing all the cool new plants.

:thumbup1:

11. Not that I need it right now since I threw out all the seeds that didn't stack but where is this gardeners toolbox at?

12. Deb

Deb Guest

It is in the Nujhelom Garden, I have not tested it yet to see if it is
    working right though.

13. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

The one on Atlantic is working ~~ kinda. Some 'stacks' don't 'stack together' but it's a helpful improvement.

The garden in Nujel'm City is found by heading into the far W part of the redbrick layout of the City and on into the palace:
    [​IMG]

then make a left to the hall heading S:
    [​IMG]

head down to the end and make a right past Thalia the Bride to the stairwell:
    [​IMG]

down the stairs then head strait to the archway to the lower level garden and head W:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You'll see the garden surrounded by hedges with the box in the middle:
    [​IMG]

Quite peaceful without the Berzerker Demons and Vanguards lolz - hope they do return someday though.

14. Khameleon

Khameleon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter ShadowStorm

Does Anyone know if these box works with the Rare Seeds? I have tons of black, white, Fire, ect. seeds that don't stack. I've tried to place single seeds into the toolbox, also a full backpack, It just returns the seeds I gave.

15. Deb

Deb Guest

It should work for all seeds, but it seems some are broken AGAIN, at least on
    Napa it is.

16. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not working on Baja either bleh. Gonna have to plant and dump to get the seeds to stack. =/

17. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The toolbox on Drachenfels is still broken, guess these will never be fixed.

18. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

erm, i just tried to use the gardeners toolbox for the first time (on Europa).
    Am I doing something wrong? Nothing stacks at all. I have the same ammount of items after I put a bag inside the chest than I had before. And there are many seeds of the same name inside (the tokuno ones for example). Hmmmm. I even tried and put all seeds individually inside the gardeners toolbox - doesnt help....
    Is it simply broken or am I doing something wrong? Does it only work with specific containers?
    thx.

19. sherkborg

sherkborg Guest

I had it work for some seeds but some didnt work. This is about 2 weeks ago.

20. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Supposedly the last publish "fixed" it, but as far as I can tell nothing happens at all when I drop seeds or bags of seed onto the box. =\

21. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As of today, the Toolbox won't work. I tried to use it for some days now, no success. I wrote a help message (ingame) to get a GM, but got no response (the request was canceled or even deleted?! I never got an email about it or a response ingame!). So I sent in a feedback mail yesterday (via UOHerald website).

Anyone else with the same problem?

22. Atredes

Atredes Adventurer

Does anyone know if the Toolbox is still broken? I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks.

23. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

I have not been able to get it to work for quite some time

24. Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Guardian's Of Valor

I just tried with several seeds obtained by the Natural's Quest. Several white, black and rare fire red seeds. Put them all in a backpack, dropped the backpack onto the gardening toolbox. It made 2 white seeds stackable, all the rest it will not convert :(

25. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Were they for the same plant? They will only stack if they are the same plant.