1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening]Bright Orange Puppies starter question

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by AriTrk, Jan 9, 2010.

1. AriTrk

AriTrk Guest

well i never tried botany before today i just started it for the first time so a little help will be great as i read all faq and other infos i still dont understand some stuff so can someone tell me what to do

i planted
    6 red seeds
    6 yellow seeds atm today is the first day

so now what should i do and so on to get bright orange puppıes

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. AriTrk

AriTrk Guest

so at day 7 i will cross polunate red to yellows or vica versa and i will get orange seeds then i plant oranges wait 7 days and again cross polunate them and get bright seeds am i correct ?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

May I ask, is it just bright orange plants you want, or the bright orange plants that produce petals?

5. AriTrk

AriTrk Guest

orange petals all i trying to produce

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend

7. Weezie

Weezie Guest

What shard do u need the seeds on. I am on baja an will share some orange petal seeds with u.

8. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have some on LS I will share if thats where you are.

9. aceheart1976

aceheart1976 Guest

im on europa if you need orange petal seeds here, have a ton of them since they stack

10. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

u cant grow puppies foo :mf_prop:

11. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just a quick question for someone who hasn't done gardening since it was released...

If I grow bright orange plants and don't cross pollinate, I DON'T get bright orange seeds? I thought if I let it self pollinate I would get the same seeds I started with. But instead I am getting regular orange seeds?

12. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I am a novice gardener but since no one else is answering, I'll take a stab at it. Perhaps you are getting bright orange seeds but they are labeled orange seeds? I am not sure how that happens but know it happens though maybe not in your situation. If I recall it does that when you cross polinate bright orange with other bright orange plants you get seeds that are colored bright orange and will grow bright orange but are labeled orange seeds. Someone more knowledgable may be able to answer you more accurately.

13. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

Talk about thread necro!

I just realized that this thread is almost a year and a half old!

To Podolak:
    If you don't do anything and let the plant self pollinate, the seeds will be the exact same as the plant that is growing.
    If you are getting different seeds, the only explanation is that the plant was pollinated from another plant.

14. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks you two.

The good news is that the seeds were just labelled wrong. The plants grew up to be Bright Orange even though the seeds were only labelled orange. Crisis (not really a crisis) averted. I had feared the new garden beds were glitched or something. Jumped the gun.

15. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I am sorry but don't know under what conditions the seeds get mislabeled but I have seeds just like that.

16. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Aye it is a common occurrence.
    Any bright colored seed will look like a bright seed, grow to a bright colored plant, but will only be labeled as the regular color.
    The only way I have found to add the bright tag to them is to use poppies dust to identify the stack of seeds.
    Then they all list as bright.

17. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Another bug with seeds is seeds that are self-identified from a self-pollinating plant won't stack with seeds that are identified via poppies dust.