1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Gardening Bug List

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Hyssmaye, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 16, 2004
    Please post bugs here as you confirm them, and I'll copy them up into this first post. I'll work on adding in bugs from the Old Bug Thread to this one as I can confirm that they still exist.

Also, please indicate whether the bug is with the 2D client, the KR client, or both. If your bug is a KR client bug, please make sure to report it through the game's bug reporting system as well! (Main Menu -> Bug Report)

KR: Yellow '-' Never Displayed With Water Indicator - When a plant needs water, the gump only displays a red '-', never a yellow '-'. So, it will appear that your plant needs two water pours, but the red '-' disappears after the first pour. Also, it will take two water pours to make the red '-' disappear - the yellow '-' isn't displayed after the first pour. This bug makes it easier to accidentally overwater plants.

KR & 2D: Trying to plant a seed in a bowl with a seed already in it gives a string number instead of name (from kittykat) - Similar bug to the other 4 of this nature - gives the number instead of name
  2. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

3. Tamsin

Tamsin Guest

When changing a new plant to decorative a speech line shows up in lower left corner of window "I am not here."
  4. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Applying potions to plants this morning (naturalist as well as the peculiar) the wording appeard on screen that I have poured to potion over the plant ----- but --- none of my potion bottles were used and the indicater stating the plant was in need remained (per usual) but the indication for 1 or 2 etc applications did not invoke. I've been growing for some time and this is first occurance as described. Hoping the potion took &/or I didn't over do it attemption to get the indication of success !!??
  5. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

I had that happen to me the other day, and saw a post from someone that helped fix it for me. The potions don't "take" when that happens, but if you press the "water jug" button, and then target your potion bottle when the cursor changes, it works! For me, after i targetted ONE plant like that, the potion button started working normally again (but you can be sure I double checked each one VERY carefully ;))
    Capt. Lucky likes this.
  6. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Thank you Teeshy - All better now ... good tip !
  7. Arabella

Arabella Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 8, 2004
    The first round of plants I have grown, I only used reg. dirt, the growing cycle did not stop with them.

2nd round: I planted 15 naturalist quest seeds and 4 green snake plants, 7 days ago in new pots with fertile dirt. 18 of the seeds are now stuck on the 5th day of growth cycle, I only had one bloom. I have not gotten an extra day of growth for any of my plants using fertile dirt.
  8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

May 28, 2003

#1 is a rare incident where a pot is suddenly empty a few days into the growth routine. it's there to tend one day and not the next.

#2 is the pot showing a wrong description the first time it's highlighted, usually claiming to be a bowl of potatoes. This is only happening with hedges.

The plant setups these are occuring with are on Chessie at the south end of the bridge south of Luna. The two buildings to the west.
  9. Altpersona

Altpersona Guest

Set up a few bowls to be seeded and for reasons that arn't important I had to log out for while. When I came back I found one of my plant pots had turned to twigs! If I log on and first thing I do is hover my icon over them they show a pile of twigs, but after everything has loaded up completely they show pot of hard dirt as their tag. They are locked down in front of my house if anyone wants to see.
  10. nynyve

nynyve Guest

today I planted 8 orange pampas grass seeds & 1 bright orange pampas grass seed

When I checked on the pots a few hours later, all of the seeds were bright orange pamaps grass.

Not that I mind!

I am using the 2D client
  11. LyraDarkstar

LyraDarkstar Guest

I keep all my seeds organized by color in different colored boxes. this morning I harvested my cocoa pulp and seeds and tossed them in my "plain" box. I tossed them in one at a time and before I dropped them they both said "cocoa tree seed", when I checked the box to place the seeds next to the pulp I discovered 2 "plain bright ohii tree seeds"
  12. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Feb 26, 2004
    Similar to Lyra, harvested seeds from cocoa trees, although mine never went anywhere other than my backpack, some of them are labelled "Bright Fragrant O'Hii tree" seeds.
  13. Principessa

Principessa Guest

My experience has been simular to lyra and aurelius, I do think there was an old seed in there that had turned to a bowl of hard dirt because I negleted the first plant.
  14. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Weight on the kegs of potions are no longer dropping as you use the potions. In particular greater poison and greater cure (rarely use any others). Keg can say almost empty and it still weighs 100 stones, until it is completely empty. This is while carrying kegs in backpack to tend plants, I haven't looked to verify if this still happens if you fill bottles with the potions.
  15. nynyve

nynyve Guest

Seeds are still not stacking properly.

I have been to the gardeners' tool box with all seeds that won't stack with no luck.

I now have 4 stacks of fire red campions. 5 different stakcs of hops seeds etc.

It doesn't matter if the seeds or identified or not, some seeds just will not stack no matter how often you throw them into the tool box.
  16. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Mar 13, 2003
    Both Clients - I have some grapevines which came as sea chest loot. I keep getting the message "None of the grapes are ripe enough." I was told that I needed to set the security to "anyone." I did this over a week ago - still getting the same message.
  17. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 13, 2008
    Ok, sounds like a bug. Can you put in a report as well as your post here please :)
  18. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Feb 29, 2004
  19. Analayla

Analayla Guest

I find that all seeds that refuse to stack can be stacked once placed in the vet reward seed box.
  20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Jun 12, 2008
    You can stack seeds in the vet reward seed box??? I didn't know that! So if I have 8 seeds of a particular plant, it takes up one slot in the box?
  21. Analayla

Analayla Guest

Correct. If you have 8 bright red seeds, all champion flower, they will take up one slot, even if some of them weren't identified beforehand. I use my seed box to identify my seeds now. Saves a lot of time that I used to spend on planting and growing peculiar poppies!