1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Garg gets how much JoaT in throwing? And why?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Hildebrand, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What does a gargoyle get as a basic knowledge in throwing? 30 skill?
    So if I wield a boomerang, have swordsmanship and no throwing, will I be able to kill mongbats or anything as they aggro on me from afar?
    I'm sure it would miss a lot, but still.
    I wonder if you can be effective with 120 swords but use a throwing weap if I wanna be a meeler, with a slight chance of a hit from far.
    I'd hate to have 120 throwing and 120 swords (ouch).

2. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Any thoughts?

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have a Gargoyle character with 40 throwing and 110 sword and 100 tactics and anatomy. And for her small creature are not a problem to kill.

4. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

I'm not certain they get any "Jack of All Trades" style skill in it... I believe they simply start at 0. Gargoyles, however, are the only race that can learn throwing (apparently the rest of us are too stupid to learn it).

5. Radix

Radix Guest

No idea for throwing, but they have sure some joat for mysticism, but how much?

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Oh maybe it's their way of saying that gargs can use this skill. For that matter, why not also say they have a basic lack of Archery understanding.
    I was hoping gargs get a +30 JoaT in throwing, that way they can hold a boomerang (with 0 throwing) for the +mods and be able to sorta hit low spawn. Like how non-macers hold the boomstick for the MR or how non wrestlers hold spellbooks for the mods.

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is also what the racial menu tells on the paperdoll:

Master Artisan
    A strong cultural emphasis on art and craftsmanship grants the Gargoyles an increased chance to imbue, enhance, and unravel magical items.

Deadly Aim
    All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons.

Mystic Insight
    Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast basic Mysticism spells without further training.

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Deadly Aim is the one that throws me off. If they get bonuses in "master Artisan" and bonuses in "Mystic Insight", what's the bonus in throwing?
    Mystic Insight grants them like level 1-3 or something? Not bad.

*sigh* I need a faq on this new stuff. My brain is unable to retain anything.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

It's in the PUB 60 FAQ pretty sure -- you get +30% Mystic as Gargoyle, innate

Not sure on Throwing but when you train make sure you aren't using a shield until you are very high in the skill