1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] Gargish Leather armor

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by taglol, Apr 8, 2010.

1. taglol

taglol Guest

Hello!
    I've been trying to calculate a gargoyle pvp suit, but I'm missing what kind of base resists gargish leather armor has. UOguide didn't help me and the search function here is horrible. Can someone please enlighten me?
    Thanks! :thumbup1:

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Leather armor is made by tailoring. So start from the 'skills, tailoring' link: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/tailoring.php. Each item is linked to a full description of it. Just follow the links to the individual pieces.

Alternately type 'gargish' into the custom google search box at the top of the right menu or the 'item catalogue' search box.

3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

according to the link, all gargish leather base resists are 5-6-7-6-6

4. A Rev

A Rev Guest

That cant be right!

Ive had gargoyle armour with all 15-20resists using no runic.

Edit;

Best way i reckon to find out would be to hop on test and give yourself enough tailoring to create and 0 arms lore, that should show you the base resist.

5. taglol

taglol Guest

Thank you! And just so I understand this, GM Arms Lore will give me 20 additional resists spread if I make a part exceptional? So each exceptional gargish leather part should have 50 resists total?

6. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I would suggest you just head to your local gargoyle NPC tailor and buy their non-exceptional armor. That way it only has base resists.

Stayin Alive,

BG

7. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

GM Arms Lore will give you +5 total resists, distributed randomly. If the item is exceptional quality, it will get +15 total resists, distributed randomly.

You seem to understand correctly.

Stayin Alive,

BG

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yes, Barry. That's what I did to get the figures so that I could put them in the database :D.

9. [JD]

[JD] Guest

GM arms lore. or drops?

10. taglol

taglol Guest

Thanks a lot for all the help, but to nag on further I have another question about those 20-25 DCI throwing weapons I see many use. How does one go about making one, and which one is it? Do I craft from runic hammers to get the high DCI or do I enhance in some way?

11. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

You can either craft them with a runic hammer or imbue the DCI onto them.

The property range for DCI (and HCI) is from 1-25% for ranged weapons (both Archery and Throwing). Melee weapons are can go from 1-15%. There are no special tricks needed to craft the Throwing weapons, as none of the metals give any DCI (or HCI) bonuses.

Stayin Alive,

BG

12. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Wow very nice, did not know thrown weapon could have 25 DCI. So gargoyle has a choice: GHeal wand at 15 DCI or 25DCI on thrown weap... NICE

Maybe I will rock both